Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX 580
Hi There,

Anyone experienced a graphic glitch issue when opening any video? this problem appeared after updated to high sierra 10.13, however there was no problem before in sierra 10.12.6, and my graphic card supposed to be native and no need for Nvidia web driver,

So, any solution for this or it's a system bug?

Last edited:
Hi There,

Anyone experienced a graphic glitch issue when opening any video? this problem appeared after updated to high sierra 10.13, however there was no problem before in sierra 10.12.6, and my graphic card supposed to be native and no need for Nvidia web driver,

So, any solution for this or it's a system bug?

Yes I have the same problem, unfortunately no solution found. I hope this will be fixed in next High Sierra release but I do not know why I doubt... Maybe we will need Nvidia web drivers now or play with our Tetris glitches :)

Yes I have the same problem, unfortunately no solution found. I hope this will be fixed in next High Sierra release but I do not know why I doubt... Maybe we will need Nvidia web drivers now or play with our Tetris glitches :)

I'm thinking to revert back to 10.12.6 as this issue is really annoying, but the question is how to revert back to 10.12.6 without loosing my currents apps?

Time Machine (check before about APFS thing) or a clone/previous backup on a separate HDD if you have one.
I will wait for the next 2 releases as it is not my main system where the 660 is installed, if the problem remains I will go back to Sierra too (I have a backup).

You can save you apps somewhere (external HDD) too and replace them in the applications folder.

I'm having this issue as well. I've tried installing the Web Drivers, but can't get them to work (black screen after boot... I've tried all of the suggestions here).

Update: I was able to get the Web Drivers to load using lilu & NVWebDriverLibValFix. Still have crazy artifacts on the screen though, so the Web Drivers do not solve the issue.

Last edited:
One of my machines has the card and therefore has the glitch. I couldn't find any solution yet.

Apple just released High Sierra 10.13.1 public beta. I'll try it later today.

I changed SMBIOS from iMac to MacPro5,1 and added my GTX660 device ID to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in macpro5,1 section.

Now glitches are less annoying. Sometime not show for few hours, depending on running applications.

great! some progress!

i suspected since the beginning of this problem that it had something to do with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

i will try that too and see what happens

update: i must be doing something wrong, i added my gfx device id to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in macpro 5,1 section and of course changed smbios to macpro 5,1, but the artifacts are the same, not worse nor better.

Tried other smbioses but keep getting the same results.

Last edited:
this issue happened to me from time to time and it's really annoying, so i'm thinking until this problem is solved to reinstall sierra 10.12.6 over 10.13 without formatting using USB flash drive to keep my apps and setting and stick with 10.12.6 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back