Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I think it's fair to say after reading everyone's feedback that the GTX 660 does not and will not work properly in High Sierra (and probably Mojave). So until I get a new graphics card, I won't go past Sierra. Thanks all!

@arjanw, before I go ahead and move from Sierra to High Sierra, would you just confirm one more time that your GTX 660 is working trouble free in 10.13.6?

Also, how difficult was it to follow the instructions for Native Discrete GPU Power Management? (they look a bit complicated to me:)

And lastly, when you say "using native NVidia drivers", does that mean you installed them from somewhere, or native support from High Sierra? (so far I've never had to install anything to make the GTX 660 work, I specifically bought it for its native support).

Many thanks in advance!!

Unfortunately after a couple of days and multiple sleep/wake cycles the corruption was back. I have now switched to the NVidia Webdrivers and after 2 weeks still no issues. Regarding the native power stuff, the model number (17,2 ?) used by me has native power for AMD so I did have to change that using the guide.

Unfortunately after a couple of days and multiple sleep/wake cycles the corruption was back. I have now switched to the NVidia Webdrivers and after 2 weeks still no issues. Regarding the native power stuff, the model number (17,2 ?) used by me has native power for AMD so I did have to change that using the guide.

Are you using dual monitors? In this case using the integrated GPU with the GTX660?

Are you using dual monitors? In this case using the integrated GPU with the GTX660?

Single monitor connected to the DVI port of the 660. Intel gpu is enabled in BIOS and OSX, injecting Lilu and WhateverGreen via Clover.

Has anyone tried the 660 with recent versions of Mojave beta?

Has anyone tried the 660 with recent versions of Mojave beta?
I'v tried Mojave beta9 and beta10, still the same. Replaced with a RX560D now.

I tested here with High Sierra and get glitches in 5 minutes of the teste (play Youtube, full screen and out, and zoom photos)

How long have you been testing? You know, glitches may appear after hours :/

You're right, yesterday I tested and after 2 hours, glitch come back :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back