Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
solved?
I ran the combo update, then the new cuda and drivers update, and it appears to have fixed this?
FCP has been totally unusable since this issue arose, and so far its been running for over an hour now, as well as the always glitched iTunes..... It's just an hour but.........

Having those random glitches here too.

I have a Cintiq connected to my computer and every time I have those glitches I turn it on and the main screen blinks and they just disappear... Weird but works for me!

NOPE....
iTunes just glitched yet FCP is still glitch free.......

Thanks for the reply! Is there a GPU which has native support (I hope I am using the right word, I am trying to mean "without requiring web drivers" :) ) and isn't affected about this glitching?

I have just installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 onto my Kaby Lake system with a GTX 760 (natively supported), in a separate partition away from my MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 partition. I am running it right now and so far there has been no graphics problems.

gosh..... there are gtx760 from china on ebay for 40-50 dollars...... are they any good?

ps
noticing the gtx 660 for around 5 dollars hahahahaha

gosh..... there are gtx760 from china on ebay for 40-50 dollars...... are they any good?

ps
noticing the gtx 660 for around 5 dollars hahahahaha

There is a video on YouTube about this. You can search for "Fake GTX 960 graphics card eBay scam" on YouTube.

Long story short, they are fake and should be avoided :)

Last edited:
hahahahaha...

im looking now at
GEFORCE
GEFORCE GTX 1050TI STORMX 4096MB PCI-EXPRESS GDDR5 GRAPHICS CARD
STORMX 4096MB PCI-EXPRESS GDDR5 GRAPHICS CARD for 149 uk pounds new

budget = tiny
gaming needs = zero
uses = multi
monitor , FCPx, after effects etc etc

any thoughts?
ta

While Adobe responds best with Nvidia graphics, it will also work well with AMD. FCPX really works best with AMD graphics cards - which are hard to get and still expensive due to mining. Mining has crashed due to crypto currency value falling through the floor. Mining with GPUs looks to have had its day so the used market may be flooded with used cards soon. Prices for new graphics cards should over the next few months become more palatable, although higher than normal GDDR RAM prices will prevent them from becoming very cheap for some time yet.

If the card that you are looking for is this the one linked below then the spec and price are very good. You don't really need more than a GTX1050Ti for Adobe unless you are a really heavy user.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M2ZC61B/?tag=tonymacx86-21

A quick Amazon UK search yields the following;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073TBD4QV/?tag=tonymacx86-21

There a a number of folk using AMD 560 cards, worth looking at some peoples experience to get the right card for your requirements. There are threads in the graphics and video editing sections that you should spend a bit of time looking at.

tempted by AMD.....
in fact I have an old and card somewhere.. I may spin it up.... wondering if I could run both, yet have never found a way to use bath cards at the same time..... is it even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back