Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tested your solution with one difference: I've enabled the Intel graphics card and Inject Intel in config.plist, but not added the ig-platform-id, because I don't know if I should use the same value (could you explain us why this value or how to obtain it in our system?). For about two hours the system worked with no artefacts, but they are back again. Nevertheless, it works really much better than without your suggestion, at least more than two hours.

Could you confirm us if your system is working properly? Maybe adding the right ig-platform-id value is the key point to finally solve the problem?

The ig-platform-id comes from following the instructions on this page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-nvidia-primary-display-with-airplay-mirroring.118662/ so it should be the same for your system as well.
Mine worked ok for 6 hours last night. I will test again tonight.

Ig-platform-id is used for Onboard iGPU not for dedicated Graphics. GTX660 is known to have issues with High Sierra.

If you read my original post you will see it is for the Onboard iGPU when used with the GTX660 for AirPlay.
We know the GTX660 has issues with High Sierra, the clue is in the title of this thread!

Enabling AirPlay seems to have had the effect of curing the graphic glitches I was experiencing with my GTX660 card with High Sierra.

Last edited:
If you read my original post you will see it is for the Onboard iGPU when used with the GTX660 for AirPlay.
We know the GTX660 has issues with High Sierra, the clue is in the title of this thread!

Enabling AirPlay seems to have had the effect of curing the graphic glitches I was experiencing with my GTX660 card with High Sierra.

It's clear it has an important effect enabling the iGPU. I've tried your proposed ig-platform-id (and read the suggested post), but my system don't boot. Maybe a wrong value, I don't know.

It's clear it has an important effect enabling the iGPU. I've tried your proposed ig-platform-id (and read the suggested post), but my system don't boot. Maybe a wrong value, I don't know.

What system definition are you using?
It has to be one of the ones listed in the linked post.
I'm using iMac 14,2 on my machine.

thanks gazzmanzx6, i did what you said, enabled the intel onboard, in my setup is a hd2000, and enabled "inject intel" in clover and the artifacts seem to take much longer to show. But if i put a youtube video fullscreen and exit, doing that makes the artifacts always appear again. Changin resolution or putting display to sleep makes everything normal again.

I've just done the opposite and enabled the Intel graphics, checked "Inject Intel" and also added ig-platform-id=04120004 to enable AirPlay and so far it seems to have cured the graphics issue. Too early to be 100% sure but so far so good.

I tried this, but couldn't boot with the internal HD4000 enabled. I got past the boot screen, but then there was a black and white spinner that never went away. I tried booting with the "Inject Intel," correct ig-platform-id, and internal HD4000 disabled, but the artifacts are still there. :(

I'm reverting to using the internal HD4000 until Apple fixes this (or we find the correct config) since this is my main computer.

What system definition are you using?
It has to be one of the ones listed in the linked post.
I'm using iMac 14,2 on my machine.

Exactly the same iMac 14,2. The fact is that after reverting to don't use a ig-platform-id (then, by default it detects and uses
0D220003), the system has been up for more than 5 hours without problems, but yesterday in a bit more than 2 hours the glitches came back. A great progress, much more than 5-15 minutes...

I tried this, but couldn't boot with the internal HD4000 enabled. I got past the boot screen, but then there was a black and white spinner that never went away. I tried booting with the "Inject Intel," correct ig-platform-id, and internal HD4000 disabled, but the artifacts are still there. :(

I'm reverting to using the internal HD4000 until Apple fixes this (or we find the correct config) since this is my main computer.

The same you are describing happened to me when using an incorrect value (or at least a not working for my build). If you don't specify it, it should boot. If you boot in verbose mode you could see that it keeps in a loop (sorry I don't have any image), but it's sure the same.

thanks gazzmanzx6, i did what you said, enabled the intel onboard, in my setup is a hd2000, and enabled "inject intel" in clover and the artifacts seem to take much longer to show. But if i put a youtube video fullscreen and exit, doing that makes the artifacts always appear again. Changin resolution or putting display to sleep makes everything normal again.

I've tried full screen Youtube, and I don't get the artifacts appearing again.
So far this working OK for me. Not sure why it won't work for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back