Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been some great deals on RX 560's the past week :) .

Hello there! I have the same problem. Only video files are glitches affected here, the system in general is fine. I tried upgrading from sierra, clean installation (more time). I tried different video card (amd in most cases) and different kext (lilu etc.. ). Same problem BUT if the video file is read from the default preview program (space bar) or final cut there are Glitches. But with VLC or quicktime NO glitches at all (same video files)...

My solution was to buy an AMD RX 560... No more NVIDIA for me.
don't you have video files problem? I can't play video files with preview or Final Cut (glitches everywhere). I tried with the 560 and the 580 ..

So this issue is affecting more than just the 660 card? Presumably it's affecting GeForce cards with choosers from the Kepler range?
Not all Kepler cards are affected, I'm using GTX 650 Ti (which is Kepler) in HS without any problem.

Have you guys those with 660 tried with SMBIOS 13,2? this is the SMBIOS that uses GTX 660 on real Macs. As per my experience I was using SMBIOS 14,2 with my GTX 650 Ti in HS and I had buggy performance on the acceleration, then I changed to SMBIOS 13,1 which uses GTX 650 Ti on real Macs and now everything works flawless.

don't you have video files problem? I can't play video files with preview or Final Cut (glitches everywhere). I tried with the 560 and the 580 ..

I have no issues at all with my RX 560. Final Cut, Adobe CC, Fusion 360.. etc all work great.

I have no issues at all with my RX 560. Final Cut, Adobe CC, Fusion 360.. etc all work great.
Really?? Can you share your config.plist ?? you have also a kaby lake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back