Contribute
Register

GTX 650 compatibility with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got the Evga GTX 650 ( not the Ti version)
The card works on on 10.8.2,
however when checking the system card Shows as " Graphics NVIDIA D14P1-30 1024 MB "

solution ;
to fix it i downloaded this file

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Now by Card shows this " NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB "
this car is Awsom.

sorry for my English ...

To install this do I need to use Kextbeast? Do I need to remove anything before installing?
thanks

I just installed the drivers, but my system is pretty vanilla (the only thing I did when I installed the GTX 650 was disable the injector).

To install this do I need to use Kextbeast? Do I need to remove anything before installing?
thanks

Can you explain what the injector is and how/why you disabled it?:crazy:
thanks

Sorry, I meant the graphics "enabler" in Multibeast. I ran Multibeast, turned the enabler off (was using it for my old card), then updated the system. I turned the computer off, took out the old card and installed the new card. That was it. The computer booted up and my new card worked (including acceleration). So I think my GTX 650 (Gigabyte 2GB) runs OK using the stock 10.8.2. drivers (I haven't tried things like HDMI, HDMI audio, multi-monitor support, etc). I then ran the NVIDIA video driver installer to get my card properly identified in system information.

I noticed mine worked straight out of the box, but any video (youtube, etc..) did not have the right colors. Everything has a red hue to it. Is it possible the updated driver would solve part of this?

I had exactly the same problem.
after I disabled hardware acceleration in Flash,
everything becomes good.

Can you explain how you disabled hardware acceleration?
Cheers
AP

at chimera boot screen , just type GraphicsEnabler=No then hit enter , then Edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist like this

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

reboot :thumbup:

From Adobe's site.....

How can I display this panel again?

To view the Display panel:

1. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the application image during playback.
  2. From the context menu, select Settings. The Display panel is the first panel shown.

Ok...Put the video in full screen mode and right click to get the Display panel to show up. I dont know why it has to be in full screen mode, but I can get to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back