Graphics
GTX 580 sli
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a little confusing because it the screenshot says its metal compatible, but when i tried to install the beta 2 of mojave, it says that i need a metal compatible card, so does this mean that i need a metal 2 compatible card?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 00.32.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 00.32.35.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 275
No, your graphics card is compatible. What system definition are you using? I'm using iMac14,2 with MyHero II build, and it works like a charm.

No, your graphics card is compatible. What system definition are you using? I'm using iMac14,2 with MyHero II build, and it works like a charm.
i'm using 5,1 and everything works like a charm. if i change to the imac model, would everything stay as it was? or do I have to fiddle some parameters?, i guess i just need to try and find out. thanks

ps: i also use an intel i7 930 and i have to boot with -no_compat_check, does this limits my processor in anyway? i could probably use same fakecpuid parameters.

also does dual gpu works? my other 580 is collecting dust..

ps: Hmm i think you have misread the model of my gpu ;D

Last edited:
i'm using 5,1 and everything works like a charm. if i change to the imac model, would everything stay as it was? or do I have to fiddle some parameters?, i guess i just need to try and find out. thanks

ps: i also use an intel i7 930 and i have to boot with -no_compat_check, does this limits my processor in anyway? i could probably use same fakecpuid parameters.

Opps, you are right! You have a GTX 580, not a AMD RX 580. Never mind.

Did y

Did you ever figure out how to get a GTX580 to work? I installed Mojave (non-beta) and while there was no problem with installation, hardware acceleration is clearly not working, degrading performance and also I have graphical glitches. My GTX580 also showed that it supports Metal but Mojave doesnt seem to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back