Graphics
GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:idea: Going to make a high end build gaming / music production for beginning of June and I'm undecided which card will work better for my system without many hassles and headaches but good performance.

:cool: Personally I have read all over forums over and over and I know that the HD5870 will go way better with the hack.

:problem: But what about the GTX570 way better card but... Will it work?

:?: What can you recommend me? Thank you so much.

Hi,
I can't speak to the possibility of the 570 working. However, my build from December using the gigabyte HD 5870 and an i7-950 has worked really well. On the mac-side, FCP and logic work very well as well as all other functionality. I dual boot with windows 7, gaming performance is good but does leave some to be desired as i find some ATI drivers to be hit or miss with certain games. Games like Shogun 2 can be run at pretty high settings @ 1920x1080 but not on ultra/maxed. Nonetheless, it is a very good card and will provide excellent stability. Just my two cents

Thanks a lot :) i have to agree with you. Well I will have to go with HD5870 this time.

I'm going to get the XFX which I have read that provides great compatibility with MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back