GTX 560 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello every body and thank you for this great website and community!

I recently got an EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked and I'm loving it. Its really fast and it pretty much worked OOB. The only problem is when I let the GPU idol for a min or two and then I launch launch pad or Mission Control the motion is not smooth. If I open and close Launchpad or other graphicly intense programs a few times the problem will disappear for bit. I think this is due to the GPU realizing it doesn't need to be running as fast so it down clocks its self and will not up clock its self immediately when I activate Launch pad.

Thank you so much in advanced for any help :D

Cheers,
John

Anyone please help.

I've had the same problem and fixed it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 68&start=0

Thanks for the reply. I fixed it by doing the following:

- I changed my system identifier in SMBios and Multibeast to MacPro 5,1.

- Then I used this AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XYrF-In ... re=related

Edited the .kext, added my Vendor and Device ID, and the delay was gone!

Tell me if this helps you!

By the way, does your GTX 560 also makes a little high pitched noise when it's being used?

Thanks for the reply. This editing thing is confusing and because be both have a gtx 560 could you send me your AGPM? Would it work? Thanks.

And no my GTX 560 doesn't make any noise. Sorry I can't help.

I think we have a different Vendor/Device ID, because I have a Club3D GTX 560. Tell me your Vendor and Device ID, and I will edit the KEXT for you. Heres how to find your Vendor/Device ID:

1. Change your system definition to Mac Pro 5.1. Before you do that, remove this kext 'AppleTYMCEDriver.kext' otherwise you will get kernel panic at boot. Change your system definition using Multibeast and Chameleon Wizard.

2. Look up your Vendor and Device ID. You can see this at: About This Mac--> More Info--> System Report-->PCI Cards. ( http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/oobk.jpg/)

I followed your instructions and my vendor ID is "0x10de" and my device ID is "0x1201".
thanks! :D

cinebonh842 said:
I followed your instructions and my vendor ID is "0x10de" and my device ID is "0x1201".
thanks! :D

Cool! I will upload the APG. kext for you tonight!

Here it is bro!

Remove and back up the old APG.kext first, then use any kext installer to install the new APG.kext. Don't forget to repair permissions after installed.

Don't forget to change your system identifier to MacPro 5,1!!!

Tell me if it works for you!

Attachments

• AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip
    71.7 KB · Views: 122
WOW! Thank you. I have never seen my computer be so smooth before. It is amazing. The only problem is that the card is idoling at about 20 degrees warmer then before. Do you now how I could fix that?
Thanks! :headbang: :headbang:

i think it's idling at 20 degrees higher because the card is now always in full speed mode which is all regulated in AGPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back