Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[FIXED] GTX 560 (Non TI) blacking out after gray apple loading screen ---- [NEW] How to: Dual monitors with GTX 560 (non TI)?

Okay, so I've installed OS X Mavericks 10.9.0 onto this build:

Asus Z68 Pro3 Mobo (BIOS completely up to date)
Asus Nvidia GTX 560 (non TI version) 1GB
8GB Corsair RAM (doubt that's important)
Intel i5 2500K
All HDDs/SSDs have been disconnected apart from the 1 SSD (60GB Mushkin Chronos) that I have installed Mavericks 10.9 onto.

Okay, so everything worked fine throughout the install of Mavericks, On-board and GPU BOTH worked completely fine! I believe that I had to use GraphicsEnabler=No to boot up using the GPU. The GPU in "About Mac" showed up and everything seemed fine. Everything worked even after reboot etc.

So I run Multibeast and go ahead and install some more Kexts! I chose UserDSDT and pointed to my boards DSDT, installed Realtek Audio and network, SATA3, USB3 etc. Then I installed NullCPUPowerManagement. Everything seemed to work fine. ONCE! I.e. i rebooted my hackintosh, everything booted but the next time I booted, I got the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Kernel panic. So I booted up in safe-mode using onboard graphics since the GPU now won't boot even into Safe Mode (Here's a video of what happens when running GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x http://youtu.be/ewaRBQ8GV1k)(ask if more vids are needed etc.). Once it was up, I run Multibeast again and install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Patch in the "Misc" (i think) tab. Once I reboot, this fixes the Kernel panic, however, I still get the same issue as shown on the video.

The main problem I'm having now is that while I'm not getting any kernel panics, the system boots, but after the Gray apple screen, it goes black and that's the end of that and nothing works.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Tom

P.s. I tried unloading the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in /System/Libraries/Extensions but it won't unload because there are instances of it? Or something to that effect! Not too sure, but can get photo of that if needed!

That worked perfectly! Cheers a bunch! :D

Just wondering if you know how to get dual monitors working with this card? :S I'll run through a -v test and see what happens, but for now, if I have 2 monitors plugged in (main on DVI- this ran as a standalone perfectly with GraphicsEnabler=Yes) then I get the same issue as before! :/ Grey apple logo loads then black screen and nothing! I'll let you know if I find anything with the -v

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back