Graphics
AMD Radeon 6990
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm making a new hackintosh, and after looking through many inconclusive forums on this site and others I would like to know, what's the chance of GTX 550 Ti to work with lion 10.7.3? With Full acceleration and GL support etc...

TheOllyBanks said:
I'm making a new hackintosh, and after looking through many inconclusive forums on this site and others I would like to know, what's the chance of GTX 550 Ti to work with lion 10.7.3? With Full acceleration and GL support etc...
Look for karacho's build.

Yes, it should work very well. Look for the Galaxy GTX 550Ti.

And in the future, all you have to do for these questions, is go to to google and type in

"GTX 550Ti tonymac" and you'll find the relevant posts on this site.

xXWreaperXx said:

And in the future, all you have to do for these questions, is go to to google and type in

Does your post rely on the one above with "karachos build" or is it possible with the "normal" 10.7.2 from the appstore which you can update to 10.7.3 via the softwareupdate?

I am running 10.7.3 by now with an 8800gts and have no qe/ci enabeld.
If the 550ti 1gb gddr5 works oob or with EFI/ GraphicsEnabler, i would buy one

xtrasteven1 said:
xXWreaperXx said:

Does your post rely on the one above with "karachos build" or is it possible with the "normal" 10.7.2 from the appstore which you can update to 10.7.3 via the softwareupdate?

I am running 10.7.3 by now with an 8800gts and have no qe/ci enabeld.
If the 550ti 1gb gddr5 works oob or with EFI/ GraphicsEnabler, i would buy one
Hi

I have a Gigabyte GTX 550ti and it works well on Lion 10.7.2 or 10.7.3.The only thing is that I still don´t get full screen on the BIOS or apple logo at booting up. I think is because of this card.
Hope it helps!

@ Gigasto:

Does the 550TI works with normal 10.7.3 or do you use a custom build like the karacho?

If not that would be very nice!

The fan on my GTS250 gave up last week so I just got a GTX 550 ti too. It works ok OOTB, but I do see the issue with it not showing the chameleon screen at the correct rez, falls back to 1024x768 it seems.

And no, having a 'Graphics Mode' key in you boot.plist will not fix it – worked fine for the GTS250, doesn't work for the GTX550ti.

I've also had several freezes in the last week, so I've a suspiscion all is not well, nothing obvious in the logs though.

And one final thing is openCL support, LuxMark doesn't find it, so I'm going to look at using the openCL hack to try and fix that.

First up I'm going to update chameleon from 2.1svn-r1684 to 2.1svn-r1897 and see if that helps.

New chameleon didn't make any difference.

Meant to say before that this is an EVGA GTX 550 ti sc, with dual dvi ports and both work (no idea about the mini-hdmi it also has). And also that although it's a 1 gig card system profiler reports it as 1.5gig, something else other people have mentioned.

Cinebench score is circa 22.6, which seems poor, but then this is hardly a top range card.

Haven't tinkered with opencl yet.

Tried adding an efi string for the card in the boot.plist, gives and odd black screen with shiny apple logo during boot but as usual everything is fine by the time the login screen apppears.

System profiler now lists is as having 1024mb ram, but also says they're are not pci cards attached...

Hm, I can have a 550ti from GIGABYTE (OC) for 120€... According to your posts I'm not sure if this would be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back