Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-UP5TH
CPU
intel i7 3770 3.4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 950
I cannot seem to get ML to work with the 550Ti properly. It's strange because it works beautifully in the installer and the first boot. After that it goes to complete ****.

Here's the specs:

X58A UD3R Rev2 bios v.FE
EVGA 550 Ti
i7960
24GB ram
4TB harddrives

process:

1. install mountain lion via usb (unibeast)
2. boot into ML via unibeast
3. install DSDT and system utilities
4. Reboot
**up to this point everything looks amazing, no problems, full acceleration**
5. KP @ DMOS has arrived (doesn't matter what flags I use, this always happens)
6. Boot using GE=No -x via USB
7. Remove all AppleIntelGMA*, AppleIntelHDGraphics*, AppleIntelHD3000*, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle, ATI*, GeForce* and NVDANV* from /System/Library/Extensions
8. Run kext utility to repair permissions
9. Use Chameleon Wizard to force resolution
10. Reboot
11. Boots w/o USB but graphics are choppy when opening message center etc.

I feel like this is an easy fix but I can't understand what it is....why would the gfx work so flawlessly in the installer and first boot and then as soon as I run multibeast it goes all wacked.

It's also good for me to note that no matter how I boot the system after the first boot the GFX are messed, laggy, and unstable.

I've heard of people getting it to work OOB by using onboard GPU to install ML and then installing the 550 but I don't have onboard graphics.

Any help would be really great.

EDIT: just reinstalled without using any DSDT and got to the grey logo screen....screen turns black, tried using PCIRootUID=0 no luck.
EDIT: Installed with Easy Beast and added PCIRootUID=1 and I'm able to login finally :)

Strange thing is happening though, dock magnification will not work and when I close windows I have to click on desktop to remove the title in the finder bar at the top of the screen.

By looking at this. Should I hold off on my install? I have a 550 Ti Unless I make a test partition.

Are there any cards that work 100% OOB? I'm going crazy with a 560ti!

I have no clue... it's pretty frustrating though. I can honestly say I spend the majority of my time trying to figure out GPU issues on the hack. I'm going 2 days now without a solution.

I had issues with 560 Ti and it was fixed using Chameleon (instead of Chimera). I would try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back