Contribute
Register

Gtx 550 ti Artifacts After Web Drivers install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having artifacts on the screen. Installed Sierra 10.12.2 and web drivers. It starts after I install web drivers. It all starts just after the boot no need to run a software. Using the same build with windows installed and no problems. Trying to fix that weirdness with graphics before coming to USB and Audio. Installed as Mac Pro 6,1.

My DSDT and config.plist is in attachment.

Components are;
Supermicro X10DAL (Intel C612 chipset)
Dual XEON e5-2658 v3
GTX 550 TI

Appreciate for any help

Edit: I have tried the older drivers today but still no luck.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Archive.zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Have you got the GTX 550Ti to work yet?

I have the same problem with the driver for GTX 550Ti when upgraded to Sierra 10.12.2 that give me a black screen after booting has passed the Apple logo. I had followed instruction using the nvidia webdriver and edited the Config.plist to load the webdriver. The driver loaded ok giving me a beautiful dock at the bottom however, the background is still black and shown incorrect resolution when I open any application. The only app that work perfectly is the Safari.

My system definition is iMac 14,4
Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67)
GTX 550Ti (graphics is NVIDIA chip Model 5 MB).

I also have the same issue with GTX 550Ti, my first attempt was very promising, only the icons are missing, but the next and the next and the nth next, it got all the bars and background messed up.

Were you able to resolve this issue?

I also have the same issue with GTX 550Ti, my first attempt was very promising, only the icons are missing, but the next and the next and the nth next, it got all the bars and background messed up.

Were you able to resolve this issue?

icon issues fixed by disabling the on-board vga at BIOS, still unable to update to web driver and iMac17,2.

Anyone solved this? One more with GTX 550 TI with artefacts on web drivers. Native OS X drivers do work, and I get acceleratio and everything runs beautiful on desktop but when I start a game, it is a horrible dia show and not working the way it is supposed to. I know this is not a fast card now by any means, but no more than 8 fps on csgo is not ok. Same thing with every game, unplayable.

Same here on GTX560M on my laptop. Black background with corrupt graphic blob in top left corner, but acceleration working, and dock. This is with webdrivers. The drivers from Apple are OK, but in the case of my laptop, the drivers from apple only work on an external displayport, while the nvidia webdrivers work on the laptop screen itself (with the described artifacts)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back