CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

I have a working installation of 10.9 on my system and apart having to use the freezefix application to fix the problem with fermi based cards, everything is pretty swell.

However I have noticed that my graphics card is always around 60 degrees, I know this is in the safe region but this is certainly higher than it has been in Lion and Mountain Lion. Also the LuxMark benchmark (even using the updated version for 10.9) is considerably lower than the score in ML, and lower than Lion.

Has anyone else noticed drops in performance with their graphics card in 10.9? Please note that my lower benchmark is reflecting the drop in fps I have seen in Team Fortress 2, not the most intensive game by any means (used to get a constant 60 fps), now it bounces down to 30 regularly.

To summarise, anyone know what's with the higher temperatures and decrease in performance?

Regards,
Craig

iMac mid-2011 system definition

For what its worth, my 550 Ti runs quite hot in my Windows desktop, especially under load.

I'd love to try it in my hackintosh build, do you have any tips or suggestions on getting everything set up?

Cheers

Ditto, I have this card but have been unable to do anything other than boot into save mode with -x. Nvidia hasn't come out with new geforce drivers for maverics and I have no idea how to get it to boot in anything other than safe mode. Anyone have any success? I'm thinking about getting the GTX 760 to replace, but would be nice if I could just use my existing card.

For what its worth, my 550 Ti runs quite hot in my Windows desktop, especially under load.
I'd love to try it in my hackintosh build, do you have any tips or suggestions on getting everything set up?

Cheers

I will amend my current guide so that it is relevant for mavericks and get rid of the rubbish in there, but the short of it is the card is a pain! But don't let that put you off haha. HDMI audio will work, with a bit of a fiddle and you will need to use Freezefix.app to stop the random crashes, apart from that it works out of the box :)

Ditto, I have this card but have been unable to do anything other than boot into save mode with -x. Nvidia hasn't come out with new geforce drivers for maverics and I have no idea how to get it to boot in anything other than safe mode. Anyone have any success? I'm thinking about getting the GTX 760 to replace, but would be nice if I could just use my existing card.

Are you able to boot without -x or does it just give you a white screen? I needed to use ACPIC rollback (think that's the name of it in MultiBeast) and then I was able to boot to the login screen finally. The 760 would be a good choice of card if you want something newer anyway, but don't give up on the 550 Ti if you're happy with it otherwise!

I haven't tried the rollback option yet, i'll give that a shot and report back. Hopefully it works because I do indeed have to use -x to log in every single time.

SUCCESS!

I did the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 and it did the trick! After that is done I had to boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get things to work. For some reason MultiBest didn't install org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra so i'm trying to diagnose that.

The next thing I need to do is make sure GPU stepdown is working - there are threads on how to do that. If i get it working successfully i'll report back.

Hi, I have got palit GTX 550 Ti and mac os x 10.9 mavericks, and I have some problems. At first I got black screen after system was started. Then I have deleted all nvidia kexts from /Extentions folder and system was started fine, but video card has defined as gtx440 1gb memory. And video acceleration is not working. Craigrox, аre your GTX 550 Ti working normally ?
Thanks in advance.

Hey guys

I had the same problems for a week unable to boot with my gigabte gtx 550 ti
I figured out what the problem was

Just boot using this Flags

PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

Put in your chameleon or chimra bootloader & save

That's it , also using freezefix app helped me a lot

Its fully working now with open cl & everything
you can also download latest cuda drivers

No freezes

Yes using standard OSX drivers , couldn't find more up to date driver for 10.9x