Contribute
Register

GTX 460 Possible failure, switch to GTX 640 Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-P67X-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Never posted here before but I am hoping I can get some help. I've been trying to research for a while and I can't find such a specific problem.

So I have a GIGABYTE GA-P67X-UD3-B3 MOBO and I have been running the 460 Fermi graphics card. Everything has been set up and running fine for about six months. One day the video cuts to a black screen as soon as the apple screen is finished loading. I wasn't able to find a solution to the problem so I purchased the EVGA GTX 640 hoping that simply switching out the video card would work. Now I either get the "you need to restart your computer" error message from the apple loading screen or it just keeps appearing to load with no response.

I've done what research I can and just can't get myself out of this one. If any more information is needed please let me know so I can help you help me. If I have done something wrong in the way I posted just let me know and I will fix it. Thanks for your help.

~Gio

I tried -x and that didn't work. I actually did not try what you suggested by adding graphicsenabler=no to the command. I did a clean install and I am trying to make my way through that madness now. Thanks for your suggestion though, if I have the same video problem again I will come back and update this post.

Thanks again,

Gio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back