Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4
CPU
i5 7600K w/Noctua NH-U14S Cooler
Graphics
ASUS GTX 970 Strix (1468/7830)
Hello! Great site and forum! I successful loaded 10.6.8 on to my PC. I have an Asrock p67 Extreme4 mobo and a GTX 460 video card. I loaded up the nvidia drivers (256.02) and my screen was looking great at native res (1920x1080). I was still having issues with shutting down, booting, and bad sound so I made some changes through multibeast. When I rebooted, booting and sound were fixed but I was no longer running at native res. When I try to install the nvidia drivers now I get the message "This computer will not support this NVIDIA graphics solution." Any ideas on how I can fix this? I'm so close... Thanks for all help!

Thanks for helping karacho!

I believe I'm good on my org.chameleon.boot.plist. Here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I believe this has to do with the system definitions. When I choose imac 12,2 with MultiBeast the computer boots properly, I have good sound, but I can not run at native resolution. When I choose mac pro for system definitions the nvidia driver works and I can run at native resolution but the computer does not boot (unless I use iBoot) and I do not have sound. Apparently the nvidia driver only works for mac pro. Is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks!

Your boot.plist seems ok, but for your Fermicard you need the nvidia drivers becaused 10.6.8 havn't NVDAGF100Hal.kext. If the original nvidia drivers don't let you install it, please download the other driver package provided by tonymacx on the download archive -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=198

karacho,

I did try both drivers before.

Thankfully everything is working now. I went back and did MultiBeast and did eastbeast again and all is good. Booting, shutting down, sound, and native res are all good.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back