Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys

After playing around for afew days trying to get my system all up and running, ive got everything how i want it, with exceptions to the Graphics. I can only boot up in safe mode as i get a KP with the Nvidia drivers.

I googled the KP to find that if i removed the geforce, nv*, ge* kexts i can boot up normally. The problem being is that im stuck in 1 resolution with basically next to nothing for a graphics card!

the graphics update released by apple is no good, as that KP when trying to boot up in normal or safe mode, trying to delete the kexts meantions above has no change, still KP

is there anyone that can help me??

edit : anothing thing is that when trying to install SL i had to use the iboot supported disc as i could use the nvidia one as that KP when trying to load the installation screen, even when tried in safe mode

Yup drivers installed, still same problem.

What's happening once I've update to 10.6.4 and installed the drivers is that it gets to the boots screen, it's loading up then the monitor comes up "no signal" and goes blank. The pc doesn't look like it's doing anything.

I've tried booting up with -v boot it goes blank screen before it comes up with any KP, just goes just after it loads up the audio kexts, but I can't see that being the problem as they work fine!

Edit: boot up with -s and deleted the kexts again, booted backup, but back to square one, stuck in the one crap resolution

Anyone help?

I had a similar problem with my GTX-470 after installing the latest graphics update from apple. I reinstalled the 10.6.4 update to overwrite the newer graphics stuff and then reinstalled my fermi drivers and then everything was fine.

rabbit

Fermi drivers? Sorry I'm kinda new to all this and don't know what they are!
If I isntal apples new update I can't boot in at all so I can't do that, gonna try installing nvidia drivers, then apple update then 10.6.4 update again an then reboot

Please do the nVidia drivers last.

install

update to 10.6.4

then install nVidia drivers and boot ;)

r.

Well it's something different, instead of the monitor goin blank, it's got a KP gonna boot with -v, what's the bet it's the nvidia drivers :(

edit: yup its nvidia drivers

Can you get it to boot without kp when using a standard card like 9800?

r.

i dont have another graphics card to hand, all i got is my 295.

just removed the nvidia kexts again via booting with -s and i can then boot back into the desktop

im stumped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back