Contribute
Register

gtx 295 only 896MB, default 1792MB, what gives??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K OC @ 4.2Ghz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System is running ML 10.8.2 on a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3-F4, I5-2500, 16GB RAM, 620W PSU, and the GTX295 1792MB.
But as the title says, my system profile says only 896MB, even though the system is running sort of stable.

When I ran Unigine Heaven 3.0 (if it didn't crash, usually does crash!) got lower score than my GTX470 1280MB D5 (system profile does see 1280MB correctly). Is this normal, cause of newer GPU architecture. From my understanding, the 295 should be a little power hug, but faster. If not please, correct me quickly... cause, I want to keep only one and sell the other.
For now, the 470 is running smoother and faster... but I thought, maybe I could get the 295 to run as well.
Here are the scores:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 12.03.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 12.03.58 PM.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 390
  • Unigine gtx 295.jpg
    Unigine gtx 295.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 277
  • Unigine gtx 470.jpg
    Unigine gtx 470.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 246
Hi,
I know it's off-topic, but I ended up here looking for a way to make the gtx work under ML.
What drivers/kexts do you use to make it work properly?

I didn't use anything... Only steps were, that before I booted the UniBeast I needed to type "PCIRootUID=1" (with out quotes).
After installs, again same command to boot Hard Drive with the system. Install MultiBeast with your Motherboards' User Settings (including latest Chimera)
That fixes the Card, so you don't need any kext or drivers. You could experiment with the nvidia drivers in Multibeast, but for my set... I didn't need to check anything. I didn't even install nvidia drivers from their site (Cuda either). My benchmarks and performance ran better and more stable that way.
Dual screen via DVI worked oob, but I haven't tested HDMI yet.
Hope it helps.

PS-Still haven't fixed the GPU Memory :(

I think i know, why just only 896mb can you used. Because this card is 2x(nvidia 260 GPU with 896mb memory) on one board and its connected via sli bridge, and the os x not support the sli.

off: I have a EVGA 295 GTX CO-OP SinglePCB and it works fine under snow leopard, but freeze when i start ml installer. It seem works out of box because i have full resulution on both dvi out (i have 2 fullhd display) but after a few sec freeze my screen. :(
Please shared with me your dsdt when you used with 295 gtx, i think this will solve my problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back