the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First: I have NOT upgraded to High Sierra. Still on Sierra.

However I'm running 10.12.6 and earlier this week my hackintosh had rebooted after an "security" upgrade (i didn't want).
The security updates has a really compelling name "Security Update Developer Beta 2007-001" - Yes it was installed on 2:th of October, not in January..

Nvidia web driver exploded in my face complaining is was not compatible with my system, worked like a charm before the developer update. My system did run 10.12.6 BEFORE the update.

Testing the webdriver for High Sierra of course did not work and uninstalling a beta security update it not possible. bummer. any advice?

I have tried change the webdriver config for override OSX version, and that value seems to be correct.

This is now working since NVIDIA has released a new WEB DRIVER (378.05.05.25f03) that works with Sierra. So it was a "feature".

This is now working since NVIDIA has released a new WEB DRIVER (378.05.05.25f03) that works with Sierra. So it was a "feature".

Every security update changes the build number of macOS. The Web driver checks the build number in the kext mentioned by BreBo. If it doesn’t match then it doesn’t load. Nvidia usually releases a new web driver version within a few days after the security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back