CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Founders Edition 11GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm new and the time has coming where i need to build my first Hackingtos, i will push a GTX 1080 TI into my build, and i allready have a GTX 1070 in my Windows machine desktop home, and i using it for video edit so one more GPU rendering to my system setup will be a nice one.

But can i use 2 Graphic cards into my new Hackingtos build? or shut i run only one GPU at the time?

You can run two but they will function independently of each other.

My plan its using to multi-gpu rendering in Devince Resovle video tool, so thats why i'm intresset in it :) and thanls for anwser

For CUDA, it just uses CUDA cores.

I think Resolve will see all your CUDA cores even if the cards are different models. Give it a try.

FYI Resolve tops out at certain speeds so a single 1080Ti is pretty good already for it and I think the addition of the 1070 will not help you.

Now in renderers like Octane for C4D as an example, the more CUDA cores the better.

For future reference, always make sure you get 2 of the same exact cards for these kinds of purposes.

For CUDA, it just uses CUDA cores.

I think Resolve will see all your CUDA cores even if the cards are different models. Give it a try.

FYI Resolve tops out at certain speeds so a single 1080Ti is pretty good already for it and I think the addition of the 1070 will not help you.

Now in renderers like Octane for C4D as an example, the more CUDA cores the better.

For future reference, always make sure you get 2 of the same exact cards for these kinds of purposes.

Thanks a lot, then i will keep a 1080 TI to my setup and sell the 1070 model, :) why use more watt if you dont get more power ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back