Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

First time building a hackintosh, I just bought a 980 Ti and it arrived in the mail today. Currently thinking to keep the 980 Ti, got it on sale anyways, because of driver issues but what do y'all think?

Cheers,

For using with hackintosh, absolutely 980 ti over 1080, especially if you don't want to wait around for the support. Also for gaming, if you OC your 980 ti, you should get about the same performance as 1080 and for gpu-accelerated tasks (i.e. something using cuda), the 980 ti should be about the same if not even better than 1080, because extra cuda cores.

....And I'm still stuck with my 760. :(

For using with hackintosh, absolutely 980 ti over 1080, especially if you don't want to wait around for the support. Also for gaming, if you OC your 980 ti, you should get about the same performance as 1080 and for gpu-accelerated tasks (i.e. something using cuda), the 980 ti should be about the same if not even better than 1080, because extra cuda cores.

The gaming benchmarks I've seen for the GTX 1070 that have now surfaced show that the 980ti is around the same performance. The 1080 is consistently better. However, you are right about the overclocking - Maxwell seems to provide better OC opportunity so an overclocked 980ti is between an overclocked 1070 and an overclocked 1080.

I was planning to wait for 1080 support in OS X, but I think I'm probably going to go for the 980ti now as well after seeing the benchmarks. I suspect you will soon be able to get good deals from stock clearances and people selling their year-old cards to upgrade to Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back