Contribute
Register

GTX 1070 vs. RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover 4397 or 4297 in UniBeast? Whare to get 4397?
That's a typo, newest version is 4318.

Screen Shot 16.jpg

That's a typo, newest version is 4318.
Thanks for the info - I am attempting installation of 13.1.05 High Sierra downlaoded today and UniBeast created with it. Problem is that it locks up after the NICs are initialized and never gets to desktop so I was looking for anything I could find. I will try 1413.

What card are you running? I have been toying with getting the RX580 for my build as well. Just been trying to figure out if there are certain cards/brands that are better. Thank you Stork for the recommendation too! (would love to get Vega but out of my budget... )

I’m running the asus rog strix rx580 in my system, working out of the box with multibeast drivers.

Uses native macOS drivers. Use ...MultiBeast v10.1.0 configuration option:
Customize > Graphics Configuration > AMD Graphics Fixup <--- see page 7,
MultiBeast v10.1.0 Features document​
If the card has native support then why do you need Whatevergreen.kext in addition?

If the card has native support then why do you need Whatevergreen.kext in addition?
Good question. I believe it's a hackintosh problem.

Good question. I believe it's a hackintosh problem.
OK, I will test - I am currently installing without it in the kexts folder of my UniBeast USB on the X99M Killer - so far so good, it has 8 minutes left to go on the boot from SSD. Will post results in the High Sierra forum.

Hey people. So here's an update since the time I created this thread.

I am able to work the RX 580 together with iGPU (Intel Acceleration) with my Intel 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back