CPU
i7-6700K OC @ 4.6 Ghz 1.42v
Graphics
RX Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi ! it's my first hackitosh before many try during few years (in the past i've use AMD A10 and FX and no working X)) this is my problem:

-Asus Rampage VIII Hero
-24gb ram 2133MHZ
-I7 6700K
-GTX 1070

all work's fine when i use intel integrated gpu i can load OS X without problem with the HDD but when i put my GPU i can't load OS X with HDD. I must to reboot with the USB and i can't use the gpu also with webdriver and packed driver.

thank's

When i put my GPU i can't load OS X with HDD. I must to reboot with the USB and i can't use the gpu also with webdriver and packed driver.

@OneDriftMan95,

Sigh .... it is well known and documented that there are no Nvidia WebDrivers for Mojave (and most likely never will be) so you can only use the GTX 1070 in VESA mode (basic display adapter no hardware acceleration) by patching the High Sierra WebDriver so that it loads on Mojave which is not recommended. as you will have no GPU acceleration and MacOS performance will be crippled.

You would be far better off using the IGPU which will give you much better performance than the GTX 1070 stuck in VESA mode. If you want to be able to run MacOS and keep the GTX 1070 in the system (for use in windows) then you can disable it in the ACPI by using the method linked in this post :-

Your only other option is to stay on High sierra and use the current Nvidia Web and CUDA Drivers or if it's important for you to run Mojave with high performance graphics then sell the GTX 1070 and get a AMD GPU.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey

thank's for reply I think I need my gpu so I install high Sierra but if I wan't to use Adobe or another software like it did I have incompatibility with High Sierra (sorry for very very very bad English)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back