CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA Gtx 1070 sc sli
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Seems like I can’t get any answers on my current issue , I’ll explain once again and in full detail.

I have a fully working High Sierra hackintosh on the following specs
Z170A MSi krait gaming x3
I7 6700k
Crucial ballistix 16gb ram 3200
EVGA Gtx 1070 sc hybrid in sli

After attempting all “black screen fixes” and following all other guides that may attempt to fix this black screen issue I’m having I still can’t get it to work. I’m on smbios 17,1 and have tried other smbios and still have the same issue , the only way I can get my screen to show is to use a HDMI cable but my display is 144hz and HDMI can not output 144hz only 60hz , using a Dvi-D cable gives me a black screen , also my display does not have a display port either so I only have Dvi-d or HDMI . Is there any way I can get my dvi-D to work with High Sierra ?????
PS: I have used a Dvi-D to display port adapter and it works but only at 60hz. Please help my monitor is 1080p 144hz ,

I would not use that patch in High Sierra it can break copy and paste.
Really ? I won’t be able to copy and paste

Well that’s what happened to me anyway! Weird....
I restored a back up and all was well.
did you see a change in your monitors refresh rate ?

You can try that : https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2
I do know if it has any impact on the refresh rate but who knows... read carefully the instructions and if possible make a backup of your system.
"
  • makes 4K/3840x2160/UHD/2560x1080/3440x1440 resolutions possible on older macs over both HDMI and DisplayPort. (other odd/high resolutions should also work)
  • Enables HDMI2.0 on Nvidia Maxwell cards (Never tested this myself, for this you only need the IOKit patch not the Nvidia patch). ""
I don't think this will help me since my monitor is 1080p and 144hz , hopefully someone can help me get 144hz over dvi-d :/ hate using hdmi

Seems like I might have a problem with my nvcap value. I don’t think it’s setup to use dvi-D hence why I don’t get a signal on my monitor when using it. Going to check it out tomorrow

turns out my monitor isn't supported (at least I think so) I'm not sure how to force my edid from my monitor to use DVI-D on Mac , other than that on windows my dvi-d works fine at 1080p 144hz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back