Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,

i am in the process of building my first Hackintosh. While installing and getting Sierra to work was fairly easy, I am now stuck getting my GTX 1070 to work.
I already downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers but they don't seem to work. Every time I select "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the Driver Manager and reboot, its still on OS X Default Graphics Driver and the resolution is off.
This occurs when the cable is plugged into the graphics card. When I plug it into the motherboard, the resolution looks fine, although I have to remove the graphics card in order to get the display working.

I tried many different boot flags, maybe someone can help me.
Thank you!

i7-7700k
GA-Z270M-D3H
EVGA GTX 1070

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 109
Hello good sir,

I had a similar issue post installation of my first mackintosh build a few days ago. Solved pretty easily by running multibeast and installing "Nvidia Web Drivers Boot Flag" under Customise, this will tell the boot loader/clover to start Nvidia web drivers upon boot.

I also see you are running the iMac 14,2 definition and therefore you shouldn't experience the black screen issue upon boot, also I see you have left the nvda_drv=1 for the boot flags, I believe this has become redundant for Nvidia drivers 10.12.X and is replaced with the "Nvidia Web Drivers Boot Flag" from multibeast.

If that doesn't work take a look at problem 6 from this thread
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I tried many different boot flags, maybe someone can help me.
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Gigabyte 100/200 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back