Contribute
Register

GTX 1060 performance on 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a fix! :idea:

10.13.3, 1060 6GB, 387.10.10.10.25.159

The last 10.13.3 sup update with downgraded NVidia drivers reduced the lag for me.

When checking http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/ ... It's still there, but very subtle.

10.13.3, 970 4GB, 387.10.10.10.25.104

Just upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra in a bid to solve this issue https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/december-sierra-update-caused-blank-gui-windows.243370/ without having to fully reinstall (of which, miraculously it did).

After following all of the posts here, i'm at the same end as the rest of you all, a GTX 970 with UI stutters all over the place when dragging windows (ie Chrome etc). I'm also seeing slight stutters in the Water Demo.

To add to the conversation, i'm seeing the same issues on my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 Retina with GTX 650M. The UI is certainly smoother under integrated graphics (which I would use if I didn't have external screens I want to plug in), but the same cannot be said with the water demo, which runs painfully slow (I expect the iGFX is just not cut up for it).

I'm glad that I found this thread today, I just assumed it was my laptop reaching it's end of nice service, but maybe I might move back to Sierra if fixed don't come before I find the time to do so.

Hackintosh Specs: i7-4770K, 32GB 2133MHz, GTX 970 4GB, Web Drivers .106
MacBook Specs: Mid 2012 Retina (1st Gen), i7-3720QM, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 650M, Web Drivers .106

@MStratford hey there, would you be able to collect sysdiag info from the MacBook Pro (with the nVidia GPU) so we can expedite the nVidia issue with High Sierra?

@izo1 So, I infact sent in a developer bug report to apple with a sysdiag in it, after a while they just claimed it was a duplicate bug report (of which the other was also closed) and closed it.

Can you zip up the diagnostic folder and attach it here?

I want to send it to Apple directly. Follow the instructions I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back