Contribute
Register

GTX 1060 performance on 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice ok, well at least we have some knowledge we're not alone. I will do some testing with various AMD cards and report back. Maybe be 1-2 days though, need to locate the cards. But ill at least get some idea that its 100% nvidia. A vega 64 might be a good 1080 replacement depending on the situation.

I can confirm the lag bug on the website (http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/), but window resizing is smooth.
Overall it feels like the GPU is slower than on Sierra.

10.13.2, GTX970 on 378.10.10.10.25.103

Interestingly enough I noticed this issue seems to be only affecting certain apps. If you drag Apple's Messages app around the screen it will stutter and lag repeatedly, but opening QuickTime, playing 4k video and dragging the window around the screen is buttery smooth. Dragging the Messages window around the screen while QuickTime is playing video causes the video to also stutter (the entire screen stutters, not just the window being dragged).

Interestingly enough I noticed this issue seems to be only affecting certain apps. If you drag Apple's Messages app around the screen it will stutter and lag repeatedly, but opening QuickTime, playing 4k video and dragging the window around the screen is buttery smooth. Dragging the Messages window around the screen while QuickTime is playing video causes the video to also stutter (the entire screen stutters, not just the window being dragged).

Glad to find this thread. Experiencing all the same things. Just tried Quicktime Player and resizing/moving is smooth, but Messages/Finder/Safari scrolling is choppy and lags.

Running 1080Ti on i9 7920x so muscle isn't an issue. Hopefully there's a fix somewhere down the line.

Can confirm the problem. Window resizing is slower than perfect and the webgl demo stutters. ROG Strix 1080, current web driver, current high sierra

1070 here on 10.13.2.

Something I noticed when I was doing the .2 update - when I turned SIP on, my performance issue seemed to largely go away!

Give that a try and see if it helps you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back