Contribute
Register

GTX 1060 performance on 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also happening on my GTX 980 board with a X299 board and 7920X CPU.

I am scanning the forum since months for this issue, but nobody found a viable solution yet :(

I have a request if anyone can try this to see if the issue improves.

1. Disable SIP completely (0x67 in config.plist)
2. Go to your BIOS and from every PCIe setting change from "Auto" (default) to "Gen 3". There should be about 3 places you need to do this. Save and reboot.
3. Report here if it improved a little or not.

PS. For #2, also try Gen 2.

FYI I have a 980Ti Hybrid from EVGA.

I had a 2nd one that I took out (I thought that was the root cause).

Using 2 monitors
1x 27" Apple LED Cinema Display (via DisplayPort)
1x 23" Apple Cinema Display (DVI to Displayport adapter)

I'm moving to an X299 system soon with a 7900x if this issue doesn't get resolved in 10.13.3/.4 then I will get an AMD Vega Frontier Edition 16GB (or whatever the iMac Pro uses). I do need CUDA though so keeping nVidia would be nice.

Sierra did not have this issue, I assume Apple will fix it because they still upport nVidia based MacBook Pros and iMacs from 2012-2014.

Last edited:
GTX 1080 Ti
X299 / 7920X 48gb Ram

Some people have mentioned that turning scaling off helps. I've found this to be true, most stuttering with Finder/Quicktime/Messages window resizing seem to be very diminished or gone compared to scaled resolutions. Currently running 2 UHD monitors at 2160p. It does strain the eyes though.

GTX 1080 Ti
X299 / 7920X 48gb Ram

Some people have mentioned that turning scaling off helps. I've found this to be true, most stuttering with Finder/Quicktime/Messages window resizing seem to be very diminished or gone compared to scaled resolutions. Currently running 2 UHD monitors at 2160p. It does strain the eyes though.

How do you turn off scaling?

I have a Apple Cinema Display with 2560x1440 res.

How do you turn off scaling?

I have a Apple Cinema Display with 2560x1440 res.

Go to System Preferences/Displays. Hold your Option key and click on the "Scaled" button. Choose your display's native resolution.

Go to System Preferences/Displays. Hold your Option key and click on the "Scaled" button. Choose your display's native resolution.

Yeah I know that option, it's already on native res.

It's not a HiDPI display so it probably doesn't apply to me.

So how am I supposed to tell them I've got a hackintosh? :lol:

You can tell a white lie and say you are on a MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 or using one of their cards in a Thunderbolt box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back