[GTX 1060] No Signal Halfway Through Loading MacOS 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-3337u
Graphics
HD 4000
I've tried SMBIOS 14,2 and 17,1
I use the new method <key>NvidiaWeb</key> in config.plist to enable the drivers with injected system id.
The only kexts I use are IntelMausi, FakeSMC, Lilu(1.1.0) and NvidiaGraphicsFixup (newest from sourceforge).
I have verified NVRAM works by retaining a test variable across boots.
I have verified with kextstat that Lilu and GraphicsFixup are loaded.
I have installed Web Driver 378.05.05.05f01.
CSM is disabled in BIOS.
Clover is v4049
I have attempted to change 'Config2' in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to 'none' for my board-id in SMBIOS17,1 to no avail.
PCI is the preferred GPU in BIOS, displays are connected to the GTX1060.

The system becomes unresponsive when booting without nv_disable=1 and I must hold power to shutdown. My only bootarg, aside nv_disable, is '-v'. The monitor loses signal, but the machine retains power.

Any help, or suggestion is welcome and greatly appreciated. The four files attached are plists I have attempted to use, configak.plist is (14,2) and the rest are (17,1).

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.6 KB · Views: 213
  • configak.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 253
  • configGen.plist
    15 KB · Views: 243
  • configMike.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
What video connection are you using? HDMI by any chance?

I don't have a solution for you, I just have the same problem. For me, my monitor behaves strangely over HDMI anyway, constantly waking up and shutting down all night when the PC is powered off so I have to power it off. It's done that for a while. I don't remember if it was when I got my 1080, or when I got a 3m HDMI cable. It might be both.

Anyway, point is, after a random combination / amount of key pressing, switching monitor inputs and switching the monitor on and off I can usually get the screen to come up. See if it is the same for you. I've tried a couple of the fixes you mentioned but I don't think this is the same problem as they are all related to incompatible GPU configurations in Apples newer Macs and we are both using iMac 14.2 which shouldn't have these problems.

I've ordered a DisplayPort cable since I see the odd powered off behaviour in Windows too. I would assume that is a problem unique to me however.

*BUMP*

I was hoping that the issue might have been down to HDMI but I just installed the DP cable today and my problem is now repeatable. Every time I boot my monitor goes into standby. If I switch from one input to another and back again it wakes up fine.

Is that the same problem you are having?

I had to keep nvda_drv=1 in clover for my 1050 to work if I remove it I then get a black screen upon the half way point of it booting up.
I also have the same issue everybody here has. I've tried just about everything you could think of, reinstalled drivers with card in nv_disable, mac clock pixel patcher, manually reinstalling the files that were patched by mac clock pixel, injecting tv edid, I even created a custom ssdt to make my pegp slot recognized as gfx1, reinstalling the OS on a dummy hardrive and installing with basically a clean slate, updated bios, lilu and nvidiagraphicsfix, the clover edit version of those kexts, but I can't get any fix or patch to work.

Unfortunately this tag doesn't work for me both with nvidia web on as well as off... still looking for a solution.

I can however boot with igfx, get logged in, while using nvidiaweb no nvda_drv, and then switch my hdmi cable to my card and it is fully accelerated. However if I switch the card from 1080p to say 3200x1800 (or pretty much any other resolution I receive a black screen or no signal warning. Then I have to switch back to the igfx and delete my display preference file, reboot, and then redo the method. Which is pointless because the entire reason I have this card was for 4K output.

All of this has been tried with an MSI GamingX 1050ti 4GB as well as a Gigabyte 1050ti 4GB.

I have two monitors, one attached via DVI and the other HDMI.

I disconnected the DVI monitor, rebooted with one display connected and everything worked.
I have the same problem with my 1070... My main monitor is connected with DisplayPort, secondary over DVI. If I unplug the DVI the drivers load up fine, otherwise black screen.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with the drivers with multiple monitors with certain connections, because I've seen other threads of people with similar problems.

I have a similar setup as well, CSM disabled, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFix, NvidiaWeb on and 14,2 definition.

Try AGDPfix

AGDPfix only alters the profile for MacPro6,1 and iMac 15/17 - not iMac 14,2

Strangely enough my problem seems to be solved simply by booting in verbose mode (add -v to boot flags). Not elegant but I can live with that.

Nvidia just updated their web drivers. Don't know if that will help anyone, I've not tried removing the -v flag yet since updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back