Contribute
Register

[GTX 1060] No Signal Halfway Through Loading MacOS 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGDPfix only alters the profile for MacPro6,1 and iMac 15/17 - not iMac 14,2

Strangely enough my problem seems to be solved simply by booting in verbose mode (add -v to boot flags). Not elegant but I can live with that.

Nvidia just updated their web drivers. Don't know if that will help anyone, I've not tried removing the -v flag yet since updating.
Care to share your system info, boot args, and the steps you followed? I've tried just about everything I can think of, I really hope it's as simple as booting verbose!

Sure, my setup is basically the same as this one with an i7 instead of an i5 and 32GB of DDR4 instead of 16Gb of DDR4:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-viii-gene-i5-6600k-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/

My boot args are 'darkwake=0 dart=0' although I believe they are motherboard specific. In terms of steps I installed Sierra onto a clean partition as per the instructions in that build thread and then just set the -v boot flag.

Now saying that...

Nvidia drivers updated themselves yesterday to 378.05.05.05f02. At that point I removed the '-v' boot flag and I haven't had a problem since. So fingers crossed the updated drivers have helped? Too early to be sure yet though.

Sure, my setup is basically the same as this one with an i7 instead of an i5 and 32GB of DDR4 instead of 16Gb of DDR4:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-viii-gene-i5-6600k-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/

My boot args are 'darkwake=0 dart=0' although I believe they are motherboard specific. In terms of steps I installed Sierra onto a clean partition as per the instructions in that build thread and then just set the -v boot flag.

Now saying that...

Nvidia drivers updated themselves yesterday to 378.05.05.05f02. At that point I removed the '-v' boot flag and I haven't had a problem since. So fingers crossed the updated drivers have helped? Too early to be sure yet though.
Same here, almost. F02 allows me to boot using the 1050ti, without igfx enabled as main output(this is progress!). I haven't checked to see if the sound issue persists (when the gtx is working, my sound doesn't play but pulling the hdmi cable allows sound to start working) but I can't achieve a resolution above 1080p. It's a 4K ultra HD tv and the card should be able to output that. I returned the new hdmi cable I bought before F02 was out so I might go re buy it or look online for a 1.4 dp -> hdmi 2.0 cable just to be sure it works.

DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter works but you get a blank screen on TV at boot. It needs unplugging and re-plugging for it to work and give you 4K @ 60hz
I've got an adapter but I don't believe that it's 1.2 and 2.0, no matter how many replugs or switching of ports I get black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back