Contribute
Register

GTX 1060: No acceleration with Nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:)
Use EFI Mounter v3 from the download section to mount your HD EFI partition. If there's nothing there check your HD root directory. For Legacy it's probably there.

If you use Clover UEFI install it should work properly and place EFI on the 'hidden' partition with the correct format. You can then delete the old HD EFI directory.

Note: The Nvidia web-drivers that support your Pascal GPU were only released in April. So using any OS or Nvidia drivers released prior to this special set simply won't work.
:)

Hi:)
Use EFI Mounter v3 from the download section to mount your HD EFI partition. If there's nothing there check your HD root directory. For Legacy it's probably there.

If you use Clover UEFI install it should work properly and place EFI on the 'hidden' partition with the correct format. You can then delete the old HD EFI directory.

Note: The Nvidia web-drivers that support your Pascal GPU were only released in April. So using any OS or Nvidia drivers released prior to this special set simply won't work.
:)
Okay thanks, I think I'll do a complete reinstall with the newest macOS release since none of my 2 Wi-Fi sticks is working so I can't really update.

I only have macOS (with the Recovery HD etc.) and another exFat partition on the HDD
You're a glutton for punishment, exFAT is an accident looking for somewhere to happen.

You're a glutton for punishment, exFAT is an accident looking for somewhere to happen.
No worries, by now I have reformatted it to NTFS due to Steam being unable to install games on exFAT. But still, I would be quite happy if there was a solid file system natively supported by Windows and macOS. (And no, Fat32 is not enough for my needs)

Hey, I just installed macOS Sierra (10.12.3) on my new system. But I don't know why my Zotac GTX 1060 6 GB is not fully working. Although I managed to install and enable the Nvidia web driver and set the NvidiaWeb Flag under System Parameters in Clover Configurator, it simply doesn't change anything. The Lauchpad shows heavy loading times when I open a folder, since the video card is not properly identified. Under About my mac it shows that I only have a few MB of VRAM. The display is connected via DisplayPort.

Any ideas?

Hi, I am also evaluating buying the same graphic card (zotac 1060 6gb),because it's a bit cheaper than the other brands.
Did you finally manage to make it work?

Hi, I am also evaluating buying the same graphic card (zotac 1060 6gb),because it's a bit cheaper than the other brands.
Did you finally manage to make it work?
Yes, after I updated macOS to the newest version and installed the Nvidia drivers it is working perfectly!

Yes, after I updated macOS to the newest version and installed the Nvidia drivers it is working perfectly!
Thanks, this makes me very happy! I think i'm ready for my first hackintosh build, wish me luck!

hi, have you updated to High Sierra latest version and latest Nvidia driver already. I have the same card and similar setup and I´m not getting a great performance. Seems like there are issues with the latest driver from Nvidia.

Anything special you have done other than the standard flags and driver installation to get full acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back