Motherboard
asus p8z68-m pro
CPU
INTEL i5 3570k
Graphics
ZOTAC NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050TI
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, how do i set Clover Configurator for the gtx 1050ti? I enabled nvda_drv=1 in the boot options but I don't know what else should I put. I already installed the new drivers and cuda ones.
I have an Asus p8z68-m pro, i5 3570k.

So nvda_drv is the old way (el cap I think and earlier), NvidiaWeb is the new way for Sierra. The Pascal drivers for your 1050 don't support el cap, they only support Sierra.

So, if you're on Sierra, and trying to use the pascal drivers for your 1050, don't use nvda_drv. Make sure your config is otherwise clean of Nvidia stuff (no inject, no nvda_drv). Set NvidaWeb true. Reboot without nv_disable and see if you're good.

If you have issues with the os reverting to built-in drivers (if that's a thing for your hack) you need to figure out emulating nvram. That's more a 10-series board issue though, probably you don't have that issue.

I'm on Sierra, sorry i didn't write it. I disabled nv_disable but it continues to appear when i reboot. Where is NvidiaWeb=true? Another problem is that i cannot boot without the installation pendrive, I surely couldn't set the boot settings properly because i don't know which parameters i have to set for my motherboard. Thanks a lot

You are likey still seeing nv_disable=1 because you aren't editing the correct config.plist. Since you cannot boot without the thumb drive you probably have two instances of Clover.

You are likey still seeing nv_disable=1 because you aren't editing the correct config.plist. Since you cannot boot without the thumb drive you probably have two instances of Clover.
I edited the xml with both clover configurator and text edit, I removed in both the nv_disable=1, i'm stuck. How do I know If I have two instances of clover?

I edited the xml with both clover configurator and text edit, I removed in both the nv_disable=1, i'm stuck. How do I know If I have two instances of clover?

Well you said you have to boot with the thumb drive. You also likely have Clover installed to the EFI partition of your main drive. You'd have to look and see what you have have set as the boot device in your bios to see what config you are actually using.

upload_2017-4-24_20-43-10.png

You do not need anything else but the driver itself installed,
Inject = yes
tick NvidiaWeb

Nothing in boot args is needed

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-24_20-43-46.png
    upload_2017-4-24_20-43-46.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 889
@slim.jim oh that really confused me, i have it on auto/yes, both work.
Do you mean by Injecting Kexts has nothing to do with loading the Webdriver? or it should really be NO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back