Contribute
Register

GTX 1000 Series with FCP X - Bruce X Results here please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

I ve asked this question in the middle of other GPU threads; several "likes" but no answers? Surely there is someone out there who has now installed a GTX 10xx that is using FCP X that could help answer a question please - is it worth it?

I've not had my RX 460 long and have Bruce X at 27 secs, but I'm editing 4K so the faster the better really; and the black screen on boot is a real pain as I'm dual booting to Windows 10 and I have to have a donor vga monitor connected just to switch OS at boot so I'd do anything to get rid of this.

Please post your experiences here along with your card brand, model and Bruce X please.

I'd happily fork out the cash for a 1080 if i knew it would make my life easier - any help really would be appreciated. Thanks.

FCPX is optimized for AMD cards, which usually have better compute power than nVidia.

stick with your gpu for now.

http://barefeats.com/cmp_pascal.html

these are still beta drivers so they will take time to make use of cuda if they will at all.

I avg around 53 - 55 seconds on Brucex 5k

Initial reports that the nvidia drivers were to be beta drivers were amanded to state that the drivers were full release versions. They are NOT beta drivers. These drivers may mature a little bit with subsequent releases - but not by a big amount.

FCPX is highly optimised for AMD cards - it should be slower using a GTX 1080 over an old AMD 5770 card. Adobe Premier is highly optimised for nvidia and using an AMD card would result in slower performance due to the nvidia optimisation.

A 980Ti should probably work faster than a 1080 for FCPX.

Sorry for the big off-topic I'm making here but I have a simple question that dos not require a separate thread.
Is someone using Apple Motion with Nvidia Pascal cards? It is the 3D text feature fully working?

Sorry for the big off-topic I'm making here but I have a simple question that dos not require a separate thread.
Is someone using Apple Motion with Nvidia Pascal cards? It is the 3D text feature fully working?

If you can walk me through I can try it. I have motion but never used it.

Edited for the moderator.

If you can walk me through by a pm or on here I can try it. I have motion but never used it.
as per rules:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
no pms please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back