Contribute
Register

GTC_Mac_G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK now my final exams are over so here is what I been doing last Sunday and today with the help of my brother in law...

I will let the pictures talk at this time as I am too tired to write all details for now.

But to make the long story short, I have finished the front panel connection with a LianLi front IO.. I have used the metal plates of the original case to make a midplate (between top section and main section) and a front plate (for holding the front fans)

I have bought a special circle cutter (dont know what it is called in English :) for the purpose (121mm diameter) but ended up using the dremel and lots of filing and sanding to get a better result.

We have also built a DIY simple metal sheet brake and it works like a charm to bend the metal plates, those came with the case.

OK now the pictures:
mod01.jpg
Getting ready

mod02.jpg
Front panel markup

mod03.jpg
Front panel in place with a support bracket

mod04.jpg
Front panel done

mod05.jpg
Cutting the midplate with dremel

mod06.jpg
Thşs will be the frontplate

mod07.jpg
Intented to cut the holes with this..

mod08.jpg
Didnt work very well

mod09.jpg
Dremel rocks

mod10.jpg
The home-made metal sheet brake first tests

mod11.jpg
And it works like a charm :)

mod12.jpg
Frontplate test fit

mod13.jpg
And it fits nice and lines up well

mod14.jpg
Second bend on frontplate to fix it to midplate for sturdiness..

That is all for now..

To do: Test fit components, measure cable hider plates on left side of the Mobo, front of PSU and also at the bottom of the case..

Cable management

Filing, sanding, painting and final assembly.. (might be few more eye candy options:)

View attachment 172159
Front panel done

View attachment 172165
The home-made metal sheet brake first tests

View attachment 172167
Frontplate test fit

View attachment 172168
And it fits nice and lines up well

View attachment 172169
Second bend on frontplate to fix it to midplate for sturdiness..

That is all for now..

First, nice front io panel choice. I retain the original io coz I am using DEMCIFILTER for my case to avoid dust and dust and dust! XD but really if I want to use usb3 in front of my G5 I will use the same as you did.

Second, Nice idea for the metal sheet bender, it's similar to an acrylic bender. :D like it man!
and last but not the least...you did really great with the front plate! it's very neat and if I thought about that earlier I will have the same result but sadly NO. XD

Again you're really doing great bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back