MSI GT72-2QE
CPU
i7-4710HQ
Graphics
GTX970M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
A few years back i tried installing High Sierra. I have always been a windows pc fan. BUT i am a graphic designer, and I am now using an Ipad, so slowly moving towards Mac os by hackintoshing it

I have no idea what I am doing with Kext or mac for that matter.. so the more info you can provide the better. I have been working on this for days... I gave up last year, and trying again I actually got Mojave installed using unibeast, so I am taking steps in the right direction I think. I do have multibeast, but not sure what to do with it.

Running MacOS Mojave dual boot windows 10
To switch between Win and Mac I have to use the USB with clover on it. I would like to do this without the USB preferably

Native keyboard and mouse not working.
I cant do much without a keyboard. Currently using a small raspberry pi game controller size keyboard with touch pad... it sucks.

Wifi not working
I have the Atheros Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1525 I have read that it wont work with Mac, so can you recommend a great wifi module that will work with both windows 10 and mac Mojave?

One main problem I am running into is, there is SO MUCH INFORMATION, and most dont pertain to my system. Finding the right thread, is frustrating. I keep finding myself on the Broadwell threads. I guess I am mostly done with the set up, just need wifi, and keyboard/mouse working and Im happy. proper Bootloader would be nice too.

GT72-2QE i7-4710HQ CPU (Haswell) @2.50GHz 2.5 GHz

GTX980M 8GB

32GB RAM

Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB (windowsOS)

TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NU SSD M.2 120GB (MacOS)

WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS SSD M.2 2TB

HGST HTS721010A9E630 2.5mm SSD 1TB

A few years back i tried installing High Sierra. I have always been a windows pc fan. BUT i am a graphic designer, and I am now using an Ipad, so slowly moving towards Mac os by hackintoshing it

I have no idea what I am doing with Kext or mac for that matter.. so the more info you can provide the better. I have been working on this for days... I gave up last year, and trying again I actually got Mojave installed using unibeast, so I am taking steps in the right direction I think. I do have multibeast, but not sure what to do with it.

Running MacOS Mojave dual boot windows 10
To switch between Win and Mac I have to use the USB with clover on it. I would like to do this without the USB preferably

Native keyboard and mouse not working.
I cant do much without a keyboard. Currently using a small raspberry pi game controller size keyboard with touch pad... it sucks.

Wifi not working
I have the Atheros Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1525 I have read that it wont work with Mac, so can you recommend a great wifi module that will work with both windows 10 and mac Mojave?

One main problem I am running into is, there is SO MUCH INFORMATION, and most dont pertain to my system. Finding the right thread, is frustrating. I keep finding myself on the Broadwell threads. I guess I am mostly done with the set up, just need wifi, and keyboard/mouse working and Im happy. proper Bootloader would be nice too.

GT72-2QE i7-4710HQ CPU (Haswell) @2.50GHz 2.5 GHz

GTX980M 8GB

32GB RAM

Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB (windowsOS)

TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NU SSD M.2 120GB (MacOS)

WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS SSD M.2 2TB

HGST HTS721010A9E630 2.5mm SSD 1TB
lots of great info in the faq:

Link to laptop guide:(may help in installing clover to your hard drive)

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

thanks for that. I updated my hardware profile, I thought posting it in the thread would have been enough. I found out how to install kext, and got keyboard and mouse working. I am unsure if I want to install clover to the hd, because clover wont boot to windows for me. If I want to boot windows I have to let the laptop boot normally, if I want to boot mac, i have to us the usb.

Main problem is WiFi.. I have no clue what form factor my computers WiFi is so I’m not sure which Wi-Fi module to buy I just bought one, it was rated to work for Mac based off the list, but it doesn’t fit in my computer. It looked similar but no... $35 down the drain... If anybody can point me in the right direction as to what the best Wi-Fi module for an MSI GT72 2qd I would be very thankful.

thanks for that. I updated my hardware profile, I thought posting it in the thread would have been enough. I found out how to install kext, and got keyboard and mouse working. I am unsure if I want to install clover to the hd, because clover wont boot to windows for me. If I want to boot windows I have to let the laptop boot normally, if I want to boot mac, i have to us the usb.

Main problem is WiFi.. I have no clue what form factor my computers WiFi is so I’m not sure which Wi-Fi module to buy I just bought one, it was rated to work for Mac based off the list, but it doesn’t fit in my computer. It looked similar but no... $35 down the drain... If anybody can point me in the right direction as to what the best Wi-Fi module for an MSI GT72 2qd I would be very thankful.
the faq linked above mentions on dual booting and also wifi cards as well

I know I read through both of them , I’m content with the dual booting options that I’m set up with right now I don’t want to screw it up more messing with bootloaders. Reading the FAQ does not tell me what form factor of Wi-Fi card that I have so that wasn’t very helpful. It did however get me to a card that doesn’t fit my computer that works with Mac. There are a ton of different Wi-Fi card options and I don’t know what to pick that works with my pc. I was hoping somebody that knows My computer may be able to just give me a quick answer because I’ve read through everything I’m not getting what I need

I know I read through both of them , I’m content with the dual booting options that I’m set up with right now I don’t want to screw it up more messing with bootloaders. Reading the FAQ does not tell me what form factor of Wi-Fi card that I have so that wasn’t very helpful. It did however get me to a card that doesn’t fit my computer that works with Mac. There are a ton of different Wi-Fi card options and I don’t know what to pick that works with my pc. I was hoping somebody that knows My computer may be able to just give me a quick answer because I’ve read through everything I’m not getting what I need
i gave your model number a quick search in google and someone has used Broadcom BCM94352Z with no issues

Ty, Any idea what form factor that is because that’s the one I thought I bought. i wonder if my search results gave me multiple options, and I just clicked the wrong one.

I know with that one, I have to use the fakePCIID_Bcm94352z_as-bcm94360cs2.kext, but that might have been renamed to FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext So I’m looking for that now.

Looking back, it recommended I buy this with it.

Hobbypower BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS...

Maybe it will work with that also. The card I received is the Broadcom BCM94360CS

Looking back, it recommended I buy this with it.

Hobbypower BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS...

Maybe it will work with that also. The card I received is the Broadcom BCM94360CS
take your existing card out and look at pictures of the BCM94352Z and if they are similar it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back