Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi,

I have installed 10.11.5 and NVIDIA WEB driver according to my version of OS, still I can only boot with nvda_drv=1 and after I boot there are always "Native mac OS X driver selected (or smth like that, i can not tell by heart now)". I assume I am missing some basic thing here...

P.S. I use 3.1 SMBIOS, other-vice I can not boot... (GA-Z170-HD3)

Yes, you should be booting with nvda_drv=1. Add that to your config.plist (or check mark it in Clover Configurator). It's required to enable the Nvidia drivers, so you want to make it permanent instead of having to enter it manually every time.

Your board likely doesn't support VRAM, so that's why it's showing that you're using the default OS X driver, even though you're actually using the Nvidia drivers (my board is the same). As long as "About this Mac" is showing that your card is properly recognized, you're good.

Yes, you should be booting with nvda_drv=1. Add that to your config.plist (or check mark it in Clover Configurator). It's required to enable the Nvidia drivers, so you want to make it permanent instead of having to enter it manually every time.

Your board likely doesn't support VRAM, so that's why it's showing that you're using the default OS X driver, even though you're actually using the Nvidia drivers (my board is the same). As long as "About this Mac" is showing that your card is properly recognized, you're good.

Just to elaborate on Eddymac's comment you can verify the web drivers are running by using the following command in terminal and looking for the driver names in the output to end in Web:

sudo kextstat | grep nv

If your board doesn't support NVRAM natively you can emulate it using EmuVariableUefi64. Install that by running the latest Clover Installer and check it in the options. Once installed it should show the option properly checked in the driver manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back