Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3R-B3
CPU
i3-2120
Graphics
9600GT
I had a GT 610 in Mojave but it was jerky, so I put a GT 710 in and that works fine but now Mavericks on the other drive won't boot.
Tried -x but still won't boot, I booted back with the GT 610 to try and install web installer driver but I get "Computer not Supported".

I had a GT 610 in Mojave but it was jerky, so I put a GT 710 in and that works fine but now Mavericks on the other drive won't boot.
Tried -x but still won't boot, I booted back with the GT 610 to try and install web installer driver but I get "Computer not Supported".

• If you want independent opinion about any booting issue, you need to share the Screen photos of verbose boot with Forum Readers. Otherwise you are giving your own conclusions based on what you have seen on your Monitor screen and basically asking us to comment keeping us blind-folded.
  • What is the bootloader or Mavericks?
    • Chimera or Clover?
    • If CLOVER, what version?.
  • What Clover version is on macOSMojave?
  • Since macOS Mojave is booting through its CLOVER, you should have same boot loader in the other OS X too to use CLOVER as the common bootloader for all OSes ( OS X, macOS, Linux, Windows) in that Desktop.

I installed the latest Clover, pressed F10 for sceenshots but nothing in EFI/CLOVER/misc

I installed the latest Clover, pressed F10 for sceenshots but nothing in EFI/CLOVER/misc
  • F10 key is usually to Save the Edited BIOS in CMOS and exit BIOS .
  • Your MoBo may not have the Feature to AutoCapture BIOS Screen shots and Save them on to a FAT32 Formatted Flash Disk Volume like the EFI Partition of a macOS USB Installer . The Key used for that is usually F12 in Gigabyte and MSI Boards I have used.
  • The Initial BIOS Screen usually shows all the Functional keys and what they are used for.
  • Since I don't have your GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 , I don't know any more than what I have said.

• If you cannot get Auto Capture , you could just take photos with Camera.
  • You have not provided the other information asked in my earlier thread at #2

I have 4 PC's and 3 video cards, just trying to get one working with Mav and Mo.
I found to boot a non supported card you need to disable it nv_disable=1
This video is helpful
and Clover Configuration is great https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/61090/clover-configurator
So I managed to get it to boot with the GT 710 in Mav 10.9.5, the web driver still said wrong OS, so I opened the package with Pacifist and installed it, it's working but I can't get 1920x1080 only 1024 even though I set it in Clover.
I have been out of macOSx86 for a long time so been playing catchup.

I think it may be easier to just go and buy a card that works OOB on Mavericks to Catalina,
any suggestions, is this possible ???

I think it may be easier to just go and buy a card that works OOB on Mavericks to Catalina,
any suggestions, is this possible ???
I'm pretty sure that the kepler based GTX 760 or 770 would work from Mavs to Catalina. Those can easily be found on Ebay. Make sure to use a reputable seller, look at the history and return policy.

Here's a link to all the cards that worked back in 2014 with Mavericks so you have a few more choices.

Thanks, I found a GeForce GTX 760 4GB EVGA FTW "Kepler" or was it Copernicus :)
Will try it out and get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back