Graphics
Geforce GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
No hardware acceleration. Slowness when moving the mouse cursor over the browser(Safari / Firefox / Chrome). On the clean desktop it doesn't happen.
No integrated GPU.
OpenCore 0.5.5
Lilu v1.4.1 + WhateverGreen v1.3.6

*I tested with other SMBIOS (iMac / MacPro), it stays exactly the same way.
*I also tested without WhateverGreen, it remained the same.
gt710.png

transp.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 16.11.21.png

GK208 GT730 1Gb. My acceleration seems to work fine, no mouse issues. Heaven and Valley both run, all be it slow. But VideoProc does not use the hardware.

GK208_About_This_Mac_GT730-1gb.png

GK208_Graphics_GT730-1gb.png

GK208_Videoproc_GT730-1gb.png

GK208 GT730 1Gb. My acceleration seems to work fine, no mouse issues. Heaven and Valley both run, all be it slow. But VideoProc does not use the hardware.

Can I force something like fakeid for my GT710 to be recognized as GT730, both are GK208? Maybe it could be a bug just by the hardware id. What do you think?
I'm still getting to know OpenCore, I don't know how I could do it like I would with Clover.

Can I force something like fakeid for my GT710 to be recognized as GT730, both are GK208? Maybe it could be a bug just by the hardware id. What do you think?
I'm still getting to know OpenCore, I don't know how I could do it like I would with Clover.

you go to the wrong direction to solve the problem, just enable the Intel IGPU

not a bug, macOS is designed to only run on Apple Hardware, all iMac such as (iMac13,2) come with dGPU (nVidia GPU) + IGPU (HD4000), Apple choose to use Intel GPU for hardware video decoding, not to use the NVIDIA hardware decoder, so the software framework do not need to support NVIDIA, no way you can enable it

Heaven uses OpenGL, here everything is OK too.
But what about OpenCL? Can you execute?
I can't run the novabench / geekbench test. The app simply does not run the test.

Correct, none of the OpenCL benches run (luxmark, gb4, gb5), but I did get NovaBench to run, Metal=163, OpenCL=0.

OpenGL, benches here:
CBR15_GT730_Catalina.png

GB5_Compute_Info.png

GB5_Compute.png

Heaven_GT730.png

Valley_GT730.png

Last edited:
It was setup in February 2020, not updated, so kexts might be old, clover version may be older. I tried to clear my serial out, but with newer cloverconfigurator, not sure if it messes with anything the old version can't handle.

Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI 20200215.zip
    20.9 MB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back