ASUS ROG X MAXIMUS HERO (WIFI AC)
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my second Mac OS install, so i kind of know my way around things, however, this problem is new. I followed mojave install guide up until after the apple logo, when my computer displays a grey screen, similar to the background of the page that you would get the options to restore from backup, install new os, disk util, and etc (picture attached, but instead of header and mac utilities pop up, it stays grey)

Have read about this problem all over, and haven't seen any solutions

GPU CHANGE: AMD RADEON 580 XGX, no longer a NDVA 1050ti, so that my computer can run mojave

any help?

Attachments

• install-macos.jpg
    install-macos.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
This is my second Mac OS install, so i kind of know my way around things, however, this problem is new. I followed mojave install guide up until after the apple logo, when my computer displays a grey screen, similar to the background of the page that you would get the options to restore from backup, install new os, disk util, and etc (picture attached, but instead of header and mac utilities pop up, it stays grey)

Have read about this problem all over, and haven't seen any solutions

GPU CHANGE: AMD RADEON 580 XGX, no longer a NDVA 1050ti, so that my computer can run mojave

any help?

Hi there.

I was ust reading your other thread in High Sierra ...

The news isn't exactly excellent. Do your own search to confirm this but I think you'll discover XFX brand Graphics cards tend to be the most troublesome because they use their own, non-standard Video-BIOSes. They are not recommended.

Not a nice thing to have to say - and you might just be lucky after all ... etc

I'll head back there now...

Last edited:
no problems at all actually, bought this a couple days ago, so i could just as easily return it

Last edited:
new graphics card, still xfx, but it solved the problem of temperature management within my pc case and is compatible with mojave’s. my only question is, at about 1/8 of the way full, the mac progress bar stops, and the system restarts, so i can’t boot into “install mac os mojave from install mac os mojave”. config.plist is the one created by unibeast. safe mode results in the same thing and verbose mode restarts my computer to the same thing. will make a new flash drive installer, and update pictures of verbose mode results. also, unibeast defaults to clover 4920, however the newest version is 4961, which one is best for mojave?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back