NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had my hackintosh for less than a month, and I recently decided to get my USB 3.0 working on it. Not for the speed, but because the ports on the front of my case are 3.0, and I want to charge my iPhone with those.

I installed the CalDigit 3rd party drivers with Multibeast, and now, I can't boot into my hackintosh. The apple logo screen freezes, and then a few seconds later it shows a grey screen with the black cursor in the upper left corner.

USB 3 isn't that important to me, but it would be nice to get it working. I've already tried to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. Is there any way I can get rid of the 3.0 drivers and use the hackintosh that way, or to fix the problem and use USB 3.0? And either of those without doing a clean install and losing my data? Any help is appreciated.

Okay I've discovered that I can boot into single-user mode, and delete the caldigit kexts. Are the only caldigit kexts CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext?

Also I can't enter anything into single user mode because my keyboard won't work in it. Any ideas?

Alright. I managed to boot into an Ubuntu 12.04 CD and reach the terminal that way. I remounted the Mountain Lion drive as read/write, and I deleted the caldigit kexts.

Now, another problem has come up. I get a kernel panic on startup regarding the apple IOUSBFamily.kext.

Please help! Someone!

BTW, if anyone is having the same problem, I'm currently working this out with my uncle and will post any solutions we come up with.

Success! I am posting from a working hackintosh!

I used multibeast to install the LaCie USB 3 drivers. It booted correctly after that. The odd thing is that USB 3 still doesn't work. Oh well. My hack is working!

Thank you!!!!! You're post just helped me resolve my system from the same issue! The cal USB 3.0 totally hung my computer up.

Alright. I managed to boot into an Ubuntu 12.04 CD and reach the terminal that way. I remounted the Mountain Lion drive as read/write, and I deleted the caldigit kexts.

Now, another problem has come up. I get a kernel panic on startup regarding the apple IOUSBFamily.kext.

Please help! Someone!

BTW, if anyone is having the same problem, I'm currently working this out with my uncle and will post any solutions we come up with.

Thank you for the info. I just erased Caldigit kexts from terminal in my Unibeast USB.
Lacie kexts did nothing to me.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back