Contribute
Register

Grey Screen/Spinning Ball when booting installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This didn't work for me:( It's so weird that I can use and boot into Yosemite fine, but just can't boot into the Installer.

Same exact issue. Please post back if you have any success.

I'm still hitting the same issue. Been trying different config combos, but non seem to be working. Guess I'm sticking with 10.10.5 until I can make a 10.11 working USB. I hate having to clean install, would be nice if the update worked :/

After multiple retries and configurations I followed what chrismartino suggested,

Re-copied the config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER
Removed all 10.X folders from /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS and copied the FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement & AppleIntelE1000e kexts into the Other folder.

Booted into Clover, ran the installer in verbose and no more grey screen was able to install.

Although, after installing initially the drive OSX is installed too wasn't appearing in Clover so run the installer again not in verbose mode to finalise the install.

All is now working great for myself, hopefully the new Unibeast will be released shortly to fix some of these bugs.

Cheers,
chris

After multiple retries and configurations I followed what chrismartino suggested,

Removed all 10.X folders from /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS and copied the FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement & AppleIntelE1000e kexts into the Other folder.

Booted into Clover, ran the installer in verbose and no more grey screen was able to install.

Although, after installing initially the drive OSX is installed too wasn't appearing in Clover so run the installer again not in verbose mode to finalise the install.

All is now working great for myself, hopefully the new Unibeast will be released shortly to fix some of these bugs.

Cheers,
chris

THIS!!!
The only change I made was DELETING all the 10.x folders except the Other folder (which only contained facesmc.kext). THIS FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!

No idea why having all the 10.X folders was screwing it up!!!

Finally it's installing!!!

THIS!!!
The only change I made was DELETING all the 10.x folders except the Other folder (which only contained facesmc.kext). THIS FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!

No idea why having all the 10.X folders was screwing it up!!!

Finally it's installing!!!

Doesn't work for me unfortunately

Cheers,
chris

This worked for me as well, no more grey screen/spinning ball. I am currently installing

Make sure not to have any other folders than "Other" in Clover/kexts. No 10.10, no 10.11 folder.
Put yourEthernet.kext AND FakeSMC.kext in remaining "Other" folder.
Also verify that you have the FSInject-64.efi Driver in Clover/Drivers64UEFI.

That solved it for me.
Error code 255 and xpc.launchd debug messages indicate FakeSMC has not been injected.

I think there are still Clover kext injection issues with El Capitan 10.11 Release, as there were with Betas and GM Candidate.
Although putting kexts in 10.11 folder, Clover doesn't recognize and inject them as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back