CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Totenkopf and Stehor have been great getting troubleshooting the OS SL issues and boot0 issue. Now that I am running much more smoothly, how do i install the nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU?

I downloaded the nvidia drivers before installing and set GraphicsEnabler=no. Am I missing a step?

Hi,

If you are using a DSDT, you can try to boot with following flags combination:

GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
or
GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000
or
GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000
or
GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000

I know this is a lot to test but you will have to try what works :)

If you do not use DSDT, I would suggest you to void DSDT with adding this flag to previous ones:
DSDT=/dev/Null

Hi,

If you are using a DSDT, you can try to boot with following flags combination:

GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
or
GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000
or
GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000
or
GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000

I know this is a lot to test but you will have to try what works :)

If you do not use DSDT, I would suggest you to void DSDT with adding this flag to previous ones:
DSDT=/dev/Null

Lolo,

I would love to test those but now the graphics card won't send a signal to the monitor every time. Occasionally, it lets me through but only into the UNIBEAST installer and even then the screen settings are about a quarter of the screen size. On those occasions, I have access to terminal and disk utilily but the hard part is getting it to do that consistently. What could I do with that?

can you precise what graphic output you're using ? DVI, VGA or HDMI ? Try each one of these for installation, after system is properly installed, you should be able to switch to the one you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back