Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
Graphics
7770 HD
Hi guys,

Currently I get a grey screen when booting into hard drive. I've installed and when I use -x it boots perfectly fine, but not without it. I followed a tutorial on here to path my frame buffer from @carpentryplus25 Using Buri Framebuffer. Before I was getting a black screen after the apple logo and never got to the installation screen till now. I'm installing high sierra with Unibeast.

Kext used:
Verde
Lilu
WhateverGreen,
AMD7000Controller (patched)
FakeSMC

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 -4590
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X - SLI
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770 Sapphire.

I've been googling around for a bit, but I can't seem to solve my problem. I've also tried GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes neither worked. Disabling Lilu and/or Whatevergreen loads a black screen.

I also should note the grey screen sometimes has a glitched look: https://imgur.com/0D829j3
Like a bunch of random colors filling the screen. Remaining on that screen the colors sometimes change and change positions.I can also move my cursor.
And that I use -v, but it doesn't stop anywhere just goes to grey screen so I can't see any errors.

I'm using HDMI to a 1080P monitor I also have my BIOS set to disable internal graphics and load IGFX first.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Update:

Still not working. I've used PCIRootUID=1 and 0 and npcix2000 and 3000(forgot how it was spelled). Neither worked.

Anyone? I'm going to try changing my SMBIOS

EDIT: didn't work. I just get a black screen now. I'm using MacPro6,1

EDIT2: Completely reinstalled everything. Still doesn't work. I tried using AMD4xxxController with the AMD 7x. Nothing happens still black screen(although it's no longer glitched). Getting rid of Lillu and WhateverGreen or having them be on their own doesn't do anything either.

Can anyone on this forum help I've put out as much information I can.

EDIT3: Just switched to iMAC15,1 because I noticed we had the same CPU. Still doesn't work.

EDIT4: I FINALLY BOOTED WITHOUT SAFE MODE! Instead of nv_disable=1 I used nvda_drv = 1. It's extremely slow right now thought. Credit to post #33: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/page-4 by @StrengthPotion Thank You! Now to fix hackintosh not recognizing usb speakers

Last edited:
Spoke too soon. Not sure why nvda bootflags are what makes or breaks my boot. nvda_drv=1 loads the desktop, but it's incredibly unusably slow. nv_disable=0 or without it boots to a yellow screen. nvda_drv=0 same thing. Without both, same things. Only thing that boots is nvda_drv=1 which I said i said is impossible to use. Not sure what to do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back