1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Power Mac G5 - June 2004 Original Case
-----------------------------------
PC-Parts spec:
MB: Z68XP-UD3
Ram 16GB / 1600mhz DDR3
HDD: 1TB Seagate, 1TB Hitachi, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 (R:525/W:500)
Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX (windows) /Onboard Audio 889 (OSX)
Power: Chiftec 850W
RAM-Cooler: Thermalright
Fans: Noctua 120mm
Graphic: Intel HD 4000

Attachments

• Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_2012.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_2012.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,700
  • Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20122.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20122.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20123.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20123.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 895
  • Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20124.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20124.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 838
  • Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20125.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20125.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 739
  • Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20126.jpg
    Hackintosh_PowermacG5_Mod_20126.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5,008
Really nice!
It so clean and well organized.
Did you use double sided tape or valcro on your ssd? Ether one is fine just hard to tell.

It looks good!
Suggestion: Just make the PSU power cord properly at the back of the case and it will be perfect. (It looks a little strange for me that the cable just comes out from that big hole)

how did you fix the middle shelf on the right side? I like it, clean work. nice mod! :clap:

ana45: Thanks!! The plate in the middle is made ​​of aluminum and machine-cut. It is firmly supported by two screws and the support of G5 plate.

nyolc8: Tanks!! I thought about putting there an adapter, but found no one in the Swedish web stores. I will stick to this solution for a while.

heretolearn: Thanks!! All parts of the chassis are attached with double-stapled tape, including the holders of the hard drives. It is a good alternative to super glue etc and keeps very good, even at high temperatures.

Would it be possible to get an explanation of what you've done with the PSU? Is it a custom plate that you've made to cover the height of an unmodified ATX PSU underneath? or is that a hole cut in the apple PSU unit that you've put a standard atx psu into? I ask because I'm about to take on this g5 case mod project myself, and I'm concerned about gutting a PSU and stuffing it inside the apple one due to cooling issues. I know I definitely want to keep the stock power plug in the back from the apple psu, and I've considered attaching the atx psu at the top of the case, running the power cable behind the motherboard, and soldered into the stock apple psu plug. but what you've done here is one of the cleanest things I've seen and doesn't appear that cooling would be an issue, it also looks taller, so I'm assuming you made this plate yourself?

Hi!
yes, is a custom plate that i have made to cover the height of an unmodified ATX PSU underneath.
I have pulled the cord on the side of the power supply, out the back.

I have made ​​changes since the pictures above were taken.

if I were you, I would put my new power supply and place it in the G5 psu.
Use the dremel to cut out holes for the placement of the connection ports.

Option 2: If you are not skilled or willing to solder. Place the new power supply in the top of the chassis, to the right, use the old plate that is a little sunken, and cut a round hole in the air intake.

Hello and thank you!

I have made ​​changes since the pictures above were taken.
I bought an Asus GeForce ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 1536MB, and had to change everything in the entire chassis.

GTX 580 gets so hot that I can not have it in 16 x1 PCI Express slot, as it is in direct contact with the sound card (xonar). I moved 580 to x8 slot instead, and then increased the airflow over the card, but lose between 5-10% performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back