Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my sound working either so I doubt it would do you any good. FWIW, I use a USB audio interface which not only works great but sounds way better than most built-in audio. You can probably get your hands on one pretty inexpensively.

Hi there Yo Mang,

REally cool what you did with your Hackintosh. I'm planning to build one myself next week, but with a slightly smaller budget. I'm just very hesitant about buying the GPU because I want to make sure that it works fine with both Avid and Final Cut. And I would also like to start learning some 3d modeling in programs like Maya and work with After Effects. I wanna do everything!
Right now I'm planning on buying the Asus GTX670-DC2-2GD5. It get's great reviews. But I've found a lot of threads where people are saying the GTX 570 is better for video editing. Could you maybe help me out a bit and tell me more about the GTX 670? I'm confused :crazy:

Here is a link to my personal thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...ng-hackintosh-budget-do-i-have-right-gpu.html

And attached you'll find a list of components I want to buy:

THANK YOU!!!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 13.39.16.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 13.39.16.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 347
Hi Mang and all,

I know I'm a noob but just wondering if how you managed to overclock to 4.5ghz? I have essentially the same system but with a gtx 660ti. Looks like Midphase had some luck getting to 4.2ghz but just wondering how you went about getting to 4.5? And how to know if it is stable?

Thanks!

hi,
everything was ok until i instal VoodooTSSync.kext but after installing this i can boot, always KP. cpus=1 is still working, but when i boot with cpus=1 i get 1mb cache memory instead of 12 mb cache men & my FCP 7 is also not wotking properly it took lot of time to open it & asking to render for each n every file. Is there any special setting for bios because i have enabled "ahci" in bios & its 2104 .

Sabertooth 79
i7 3930k
asus 560 TI & Zotac 640 2GB
8 GB Corsair

Edit : Manage to run fcp booting cpus=5 ( 5mb Cache ) but still not having full advantage of the cpu

Attachments

• DSC_6118.jpg
    DSC_6118.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 677
Yet another noob question...Is anyone using this (3930K/Sabertooth X79) config and using the GTX680 video card? I have everything but the vid. card and not sure which way to go using Mountain lion. I remember reading where some people are not getting the GTX 570 to work when they installed Mountain Lion. Oh yeah, I am going to use all Adobe apps. Premiere the most. Thanks!

Yo Mang (and everyone else who has contributed to this thread), thank you for taking the time to post this. I've just put together pretty much the same build besides the case. Almost there, have full boot with no commands needed (everything 'injected' etc..), full performance, geekbench shot attached, no OC yet.

Sound is still a no-go, but continuing to work on that. Have not seen a specific sequence of steps to get it to work on this specific board with the new version of MB (which seems to be missing some options from previous versions like rebuild permission, etc..?) I'm also curious about bios revisions. I'm running 1104. Not sure if I should update to the latest/greatest (currently 3009)?

QUICK EDIT: I updated to 1203, up and running fine. Past 1203, Asus requires you to 'convert' the bios to a 'CAP' format. Assuming that is a no-going-back deal so I thought I'd stay put until someone reports in on how newer 'CAP' bios formats work. Latest/Greatest is version 3009.

Beyond that... looking great so far.. Ridiculously fast with a 256gb Vertex 4 thrown in the mix!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 7.21.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 7.21.19 PM.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 190
I am planning to configure my PC exactly with the same components you have mentioned in your post..But, before that I want to know if the timeline preview in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and RAM preview in Adobe After Effects are absolutely smooth or not..I shoot in Canon 550D in HD mode (1080p) and in Sony HDRCX-130E ( which produces output files with AVCHD codec; .mts extension)....So please let me know if the above mentioned tasks run smooth in your configuration with respect to these file formats that I mentioned, Rendering time is not my primary concern

Now that my build is solid I decided to start the overclocking task and after much experimenting and tweaking, I've landed on a solid 4.2 Ghz OC. 4.4 was stable with a bit more voltage (currently at 1.275 for 4.2) but I always like to run 200 Mhz below that very edge, keep the temps in line and more importantly maintain 100% stability. The difference in performance is pretty much negligible.

Since all my OC/Stability testing tools are in Windows, I did a clean install of 7 and used that platform for all my OC testing. Waiting on a 2nd SSD to dedicate to Mountain Lion. I'm hoping by the time I do the install again that something will be found on the sound issue.

So beyond all that, here's my final Geekbench Result, 64-bit test. Needless to say, I'm blown away.

Attachments

• GB_7_64bit_42.PNG
    GB_7_64bit_42.PNG
    60.3 KB · Views: 214
I have a nearly identical build to Yo Mang and have it running stable in 10.8.1 using methods from here and Mitchellk's post. My first attempt at upgrading to 10.8.2 was unsuccessful. What is the complete and proper procedure?

I'm also curious as to what MultiBeast 5.1.3 has to offer us. Please share your experience. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back