Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that if you use the older version of MultiBeast you can re-install some of the older Kexts and get audio working again.

I'm not in a hurry so I'd rather wait for a newer version of MB which will hopefully fix the issue (and reenable TRIM support).

Plus, I use a USB audio interface anyway since it sounds much better than the built in converters on most motherboards.

Hey guys!

My build has been working very smoothly. It's great to have such a powerful machine!

Just now, I tried to get Audio to work by using Mutibeast 4.6 instead of 5. Unfortunately, OSX won't boot up anymore. I get the Apple Logo with a spinning wheel underneath it, but it just doesn't continue. Is there any way I can go back to the previous configuration (i.e. using my windows 7 hdd)?

Once again, I would be grateful for your help!

- jageffen

Is there any way I can go back to the previous configuration (i.e. using my windows 7 hdd)?

Once again, I would be grateful for your help!

- jageffen

One of the biggest lessons that I have learned from my experience is to always have a cloned OS drive that you can revert back to (and that you also can boot up from so that you can repair your main OS drive).

If you don't have a back up System drive, I would try and booting up in verbose mode "-v" to see if you can see what might be possibly going on.

Followed the guide, but stuck to cpus=1 on the 2104 bios. If I remove the cpus=1 flag, boot fails. So the system is running on 1 core, causing dramatic degradation in performance... Downgrading the BIOS is a no-go. Seems like there is no solution for now?

Read back a few pages, one user had a similar issue as you and solved it by installing the VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Are you saying that your BIOS being the latest version is what is causing the problem? Did you not have this issue on an older BIOS, or is this how your mother board was shipped to you?

What BIOS version are you using?

I run the npci=0x3000 command at bootup and it runs great. I don't know if your processor requires a different number.

There are several other threads with X79 builds, I recommend that you read them all carefully to see if something pops to mind.

Are you disabling graphics support?

I think if you want better responses you have to give a highly detailed description of your system and specifically what you've done up to this point (for instance, what version of MB have you used?).

What BIOS version are you using?

the latest one, 2104

I run the npci=0x3000 command at bootup and it runs great. I don't know if your processor requires a different number.

not working for me, stucks at "PCI configuration begin"

There are several other threads with X79 builds, I recommend that you read them all carefully to see if something pops to mind.

yeha, thanks i am reading them, and trying, nothing found till yet ...

Are you disabling graphics support?

you mean: GraphicsEnabler=No ??? Yes i did, but i am not sure if the parameters were correct. i need to start my system with: npci=0x2000 -x -v

without -x the screen becomes white (bevor login screen) and stucks.

thank you for your response!

Followed the guide, but stuck to cpus=1 on the 2104 bios. If I remove the cpus=1 flag, boot fails. So the system is running on 1 core, causing dramatic degradation in performance... Downgrading the BIOS is a no-go. Seems like there is no solution for now?

Well it happened to me, I didn't read well enough. VoodooTSCSync.kext fixed the cpus=1 issue. npci=0x3000 is still needed, but the score @ Geekbench 32-bit is now 18458 (@4200Mhz).

Thanks Midphase and the others :)

Yup, the NPCI=0x3000 is definitely what I also need to get the computer going. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but as long as it makes my machine run well, I don't really care.

P.S.
I did just update my BIOS to 1102 and everything seems to be running well...so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back