Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
System preferences/audio panel - system sees audio hardware (i.e. options for output are not dimmed)? Check that.
If yes, then probably it is a matter of finding right audio output and/or right port for your jack.

I can see "Internal Speakers", "Line Out" (twice), and "Digital Out". I have tried changing between all of these with several MultiBeast options set... Still no sound.

You tried changing ports for your jack again with one line out option selected in audio panel? It should work.

... a few strange effects. When I get the login screen, I have a white transparent box in the upper left corner of the screen, blinking rapidly. It disappears when I log on. ...
Hey I get exactly the same thing. I thought it might have something to do with the two mice plugged in - the USB one I use if my magic mouse doesn't work, and my magic mouse which is wireless. Not sure though. Maybe it's a GTX 670 thing?

Nope doesn't work.

I did just resolve my WiFi Card issue. It's working perfectly now!

Are there any Audio drivers or kexts I need to install? It does show me the Audio ID 892 on System Information. And it shows that it has all of the different jacks. But it just won't give a sound...

Hi Yo Mang, could you do a test please to see if there is any difference between software and hardware openGL render in premier cs6 because i have found no difference in the time it takes to render the exactly same scene.

Hello Yo Mang,

Thanks for the great and thorough tutorial.

Just a quick question that you or someone else might know the answer to.

I'm building my Hackintosh using pretty much all of the same components that you used, except for the graphics card which is an MSI GeForce GTX 660ti instead of the 670 that you used. Do I need to change any of the settings that you used? I plan on pretty much following everything you've done verbatim (except for the RAID which I don't need), so if you think that I would need to alter any of it please let me know.

BTW, I know that I will need to alter the After Effects/Premiere Pro Mercury Engine text files...mostly I'm just wondering about the Mountain Lion/Multi Beast settings and other tweaks.

Many thanks!

Hey guys, hate to be a n00b but I've got a few questions and my research hasn't turned up the answers. I got a 3930k for a song, so even though I was hoping my first build would be a CustoMac Recommended, I'm stuck with a build that is (admittedly) a little over my head. As luck would have it, I pieced out my parts almost exactly the same as Yo Mang's, and they arrived two days ago. I've successfully booted in (after some aggravation) but can't boot in without npci=0x3000 and cpus=1. I edited my org.chameleon.boot.plist (with <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>), I'll admit to not knowing if I had to put the same in my smbios.plist. I also ran Kext Wizard as previously suggested, but I'm new to kexts and honestly I'm just following directions. I'm not sure what string is necessary to fix the cpus=1 issue, and I'm a little concerned over it because I want to take full advantage of the hexacore processor and I've read mixed things about whether this particular string refers to your number of cores. Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Also, as an academic aside, what could cause two computers with the same hardware to have separate issues? Is it possible because my parts were shipped more recently that I have an updated version of the BIOS, and that's what's causing the issues? I find all of the fascinating, and would love to learn more about it. Thanks!

Wow, thanks for all the help! That post from evilmonkey477 looks awesome, I'll try it as soon as I get home. The other thing I've been struggling with is that I got a 180 gb SSD on the cheap, and what I'd like to do is have 4 partitions on it, 2 boot partitions (Mac for my stuff, Windows for gaming) and two application partitions. What I'm struggling with is this. After booting into my UniBeast USB, I've tried making four partitions, 2 mac and 2 msdos. Works fine on the mac side. Then I try to install Windows. It, of course, tells me it needs to re-format into NTFS, which is fine. However it only lets me make one NTFS partition during the installer, then if I try and use disk management during the actual windows os it tells me I need to reformat ALL the partitions on the drive, thereby erasing my mac partitions. Is the solution just to make the windows side first, then try to reformat into mac? Or am I making things too difficult? Also (on the note of making things too difficult) I'd like to move my user and application folders from mac onto one HDD, then my user and program files folders from pc onto a different HDD. Can I do such a thing without screwing up permissions?

Thanks for all the help guys, this community is really awesome :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back