Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
when changing .plists (for example when you change GraphicsEnabler from "yes" to "no" it is not enough just to save that file) and after installing kexts, do you repair permissions, and rebuild cache for Extra and System/Library/Extensions? Without that, your changes are ineffective next time you boot and you are back to square one.

Hey Nesha, thanks for your reply! I haven't read about repairing permissions and rebuilding cache anywhere. Which steps do I have to follow exactly? Do I also have to do this after Installing MultiBeast? I can't see any .kexts installed at all yet.

And finally, calm down, don't get frustrated. If you found combination that works for you, work just on that. Don't bring on the table more and more changes, installed kexts - those can complicate situation extensively.
N.

Haha, I bet you know how it is. You go and spend a fortune on stuff, and all you want to do is just use it. Getting it all to work seems to be a complex task, though, and I just wanted to try to fix as many issues simultaneously. Do you have a suggestion as to where to start and how to further prioritize my steps?

Thanks again for the help! It's really appreciated!

There are several ways of doing that. One could be as follows:

Download app Kext Wizard (it's free): http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1604
Boot with your successful combination (GraphicsEnabler=No....)
Change .plists respectively as you have been doing.
Fire up Kext Wizard and on first tab (maintenance) select your drive where you have ML installed and select these options:
Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 09.20.58.png

and click "execute".
Restart and see what happens.
N.

There are several ways of doing that. One could be as follows:

Download app Kext Wizard (it's free): http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1604
Boot with your successful combination (GraphicsEnabler=No....)
Change .plists respectively as you have been doing.
Fire up Kext Wizard and on first tab (maintenance) select your drive where you have ML installed and select these options:
View attachment 29042

and click "execute".
Restart and see what happens.
N.

Hi, I did exactly what you said, but the problem remains... The Apple screen comes up and then my screen goes blank.

EDIT: I found out, I only need to type "npci=0x3000" in order for my system to load. How could I fix this?

Ok, then when you boot, make sure that you have/change in
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
npci from 2000 to 3000 (something like <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string), save the file, run Kext Wizard as before and restart. If it fails again, boot with that string again and check whether change in
org.chameleon.Boot.plist remains as you left it (along with GraphicEnabler string, which should be "No").

Great! This is working in order to boot up without having to manually enter flags. What does the npci=0x3000 do? does it limit the system in any way?

Since I did this, I get a few strange effects. When I get the login screen, I have a white transparent box in the upper left corner of the screen, blinking rapidly. It disappears when I log on. Also, the magnification in the Dock is "sticky", i.e. it does not magnify when I mouse-over, and when I click on an icon it magnifies but remains this way until I click elsewhere. Weird...

Ok, on to next issues ;)

Audio does not work.

When I insert my TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter, my Boot Drive is not recognized anymore and therefore I can't boot anymore. When I take it out again, everything is as usual. Any thoughts?

Ok. What's with resolution? Does the system recognize GTX 670 (look at system report - graphics)?
If you installed multi beast as shown, try changing audio jack to orange port perhaps. See whether it helps.
As for the dock, did you enable OpenCL (look for the netkas change in GeForcebundle driver here on site for GTX 670)?

Ok. What's with resolution? Does the system recognize GTX 670 (look at system report - graphics)?
If you installed multi beast as shown, try changing audio jack to orange port perhaps. See whether it helps.

The resolution is good and the system recognizes the GTX.
Audio doesn't work in any jack.

As for the dock, did you enable OpenCL (look for the netkas change in GeForcebundle driver here on site for GTX 670)?

Great! I found the patch and installed, now graphics work great! Thanks for that piece of info!

I used the latest MultiBeast release which is 5.0.2. The items are a little different there. I have attached my MultiBeast config so you can see...

Attachments

• multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 335
With regard to audio, I would try checking out ONLY option for audio 892 without DSDT...I'm not quite sure for this multibeast version, to be honest.

Tried it, but didn't work... Any other suggestions?

System preferences/audio panel - system sees audio hardware (i.e. options for output are not dimmed)? Check that.
If yes, then probably it is a matter of finding right audio output and/or right port for your jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back