Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why you didn't create the raid then install on it? I was able to on my rig but so far haven't been able to get the boot loader setup properly and can't boot with out the install media inserted. Wondering if I installed on a 3rd hd then clone to the raid volume as suggested would fix my boot problem.

TP Link also works native for wireless.

Very nice computer.

32GB RAM?

I guess, why not.

Hey guys,

I have almost the exact same build. I finished setting it up about an hour ago and fired it up for the first time.

Unfortunately, I cannot reach the Install screen. The Apple Logo comes up, and then my Screen goes blank, telling me there's no signal. I'm pretty sure it's a graphics card thing. I'm using the EVGA GTX670. How can I at least reach the Install screen to finally get going?

Would appreciate any help!

-jageffen

As soon Tonys' logo come up, press any key and type GraphicsEnabler=No
Try that and let us know whether it helps.
Rgds,
Nesha

As soon Tonys' logo come up, press any key and type GraphicsEnabler=No
Try that and let us know whether it helps.
Rgds,
Nesha

Thanks for the reply!

So far I have tried "GraphicsEnabler=No", "PCIRootUID=0", "-v", "-x" in every possible combination.
Also, I have tried disabling Hyper-threading, reducing active processor cores to 1 and setting PCI-e to Gen 2 instead of Gen 3.
So far nothing has worked.

Almost always the Apple logo comes up for about 10 sec and then my screen goes blank. Only if I set "PCIRootUID=0", the Apple logo stays, but I don't get a turning wheel or anything. It just stays like that.

I have also tried moving my Graphics Card to a different slot, but same results.

I can't get into safe mode, nor can I get into single user mode, so I haven't been able to change kexts...

It's seriously frustrating. I hope someone has some more options for me...

EDIT: I was just able to get into the Install Panel using "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" . Let's see how far it goes. I'm glad I got a step further after several hours of purest frustration ;)

do you have onboard graphics? Couldnt you just install ML without the graphics card plugged in, then try to get it working after ML is already up and running?

do you have onboard graphics? Couldnt you just install ML without the graphics card plugged in, then try to get it working after ML is already up and running?

Thanks for the thought! Unfortunately, the Asus Sabertooth X79 does not come with onboard graphics, so this is not an option. And as this is my first Hackintosh, I do not have any alternative graphics cards at hand. But so far it's going ok.

Ok, so far I have been able to Install Mountain Lion successfully. I also installed MultiBeast.

My initial problem remains, though. When I reboot without any flags, all I get is the Apple logo for 10 seconds and then the screen goes blank. When I insert "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" together with my SSD boot disk, it boots up normally.

I have set "GraphicsEnabler=No" in "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and saved, and I also downloaded KextBeast and VoodooTSCSync.kext and placed both on my Desktop, ran KextBeast and it said the installation was successful. When I look into Library/Extensions/, I can't see it anywhere, though.

Also, I have tried yo_mang's way, editing the two files "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and "smbios.plist", but to no avail.

I will call it a day now, as it is 3 in the morning here in Germany. I'd be glad and thankful for any suggestions, as to how I can fix this issue...

See you tomorrow,
jageffen

Yep, we are in the same time zone.
Never mind that....
when changing .plists (for example when you change GraphicsEnabler from "yes" to "no" it is not enough just to save that file) and after installing kexts, do you repair permissions, and rebuild cache for Extra and System/Library/Extensions? Without that, your changes are ineffective next time you boot and you are back to square one.
And finally, calm down, don't get frustrated. If you found combination that works for you, work just on that. Don't bring on the table more and more changes, installed kexts - those can complicate situation extensively.
N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back