Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally ... almost everything is working!

What about the front USB ports? And what about USB 3.0, is it working for you guys?

Front USB ports work fine for me. USB 3 port works fine as a USB 2, I haven't had the opportunity to check and see if it works in USB 3 mode since I don't have a USB 3 device!

Anyone know if Yo Mang's set up supports Boot Camp?

Yeha, everything is working right now.

I want to share my knowledge in a few sentences, maybe it could be helpful. Dont know if make sense or not ... I am not an expert, so, please appologize, I just want to help noobs like me :)

1. Created an USB with Unibeast and tried to boot.
Problem Nr. 1: white screen, nothing happened.
Tried to boot with: "GrahphicsEnabler=No -v"
Result: same behavior.
Solved by: "GrahphicsEnabler=No -x -v"

2. Booted again
Problem Nr. 2: I could not boot, stuck at "PCI configuration begin".
Solved by: boot with "GrahphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x3000 -x -v" (0x2000 works also fine).

3. Booted again.
Problem Nr. 3: "Still waiting for root device".
Solved by: changed USB port from 3.0 to 2.0 and didn´t used the fron ports.

4. Booted again.
Problem Nr. 4: very laggy, movin mous = reacation on the screen 10 minutes later.
Solved by: "cpus=1 GrahphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x3000 -v" with cpus=1 you dont need to use -x

5. Booted again, now I could install ML on my HDD. Installation done. Restart.
6. Now while booting select your ML USB, select ML HDD and type again: cpus=1 GrahphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x3000 -v
7. Install VoodooTSSync.kext, repair permissions with "Kext Wizard".

Continue with step 2 "Installing Mountain Lion from UniBeast USB" (second post of this thread).

Have fun :)

What BIOS version are you using?

I run the npci=0x3000 command at bootup and it runs great. I don't know if your processor requires a different number.

There are several other threads with X79 builds, I recommend that you read them all carefully to see if something pops to mind.

Are you disabling graphics support?

I think if you want better responses you have to give a highly detailed description of your system and specifically what you've done up to this point (for instance, what version of MB have you used?).

Hi Midphase, i have a very noob question

when you say I run the npci=0x3000 command at bootup, how do you do this?

i'm trying to install ML from scratch and my bios is 2104. using sabretooth x79 board and 3930k.

can you also post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist? thanks!

In MultiBeast, scroll down to the Boot Options and make sure you select both GraphicsEnabler=No and Verbose Boot options. The Verbose boot in particular adds npci=0x3000 -v to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. However, booting in Verbose mode gets annoying rather quickly, so I would suggest that after your installation you open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a text editor, locate that line and simply delete the -v command (but do leave the npci=0x3000 in there).

I guess I should really get off my lazy butt and actually start a successful build thread outlining exactly what I'm doing.

In MultiBeast, scroll down to the Boot Options and make sure you select both GraphicsEnabler=No and Verbose Boot options. The Verbose boot in particular adds npci=0x3000 -v to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. However, booting in Verbose mode gets annoying rather quickly, so I would suggest that after your installation you open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a text editor, locate that line and simply delete the -v command (but do leave the npci=0x3000 in there).

I guess I should really get off my lazy butt and actually start a successful build thread outlining exactly what I'm doing.

thanks mate! i'll give this a shot.

Hi! can you please upload you audio Kext? i can't get my sound working. thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back